Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
CloudBlue, an Ingram Micro business, is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and other software companies. CloudBlue platform provides companies with Catalog, Partner, and Product Information Management capabilities through direct and indirect channels supporting any type of product distribution. Today CloudBlue powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally.
Solutions Architect/Sales Engineer - CloudBlue
As an Ingram Micro Solutions Architect/Sales Engineer, you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Act as a technical resource and mentor for sales teams, customer and service provider cloud planning, and implementation teams.
- Close new deals and drive results in large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex cloud-based solutions.
- Conduct workshops with resellers and their end customers to understand the existing workload and technical environment and design an IaaS solution to meet their needs.
- Leverage different tools to help resellers discover the existing environment and workload, architect and design the IaaS solution, quote, conduct proof of concept, orchestrate, deploy and migrate workloads.
- Use innovative and creative approach to problem-solving in each sales opportunity with the ability to organize and host training, webinars and present cloud architectures and solutions to senior management teams.
- Translate the strengths of IaaS technology into creative business solutions and clearly, succinctly communicate it to a broad mix of audiences
- Take a leadership position through the Ingram technical sales process and guides prospect and customer teams to solutions that will scale for their business requirements.
- Take a leadership role in advising internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in technical field or equivalent
- 5+ years of sales engineering building technical solutions for customers preferably with IaaS technology
- Experienced designing and deploying technical environment on Amazon, Microsoft Azure, IBM BlueMix, and vCloud Air.
- Ability to implement the most advanced product features of IaaS and cloud platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of the cloud and IaaS market including the strengths and weaknesses of competitors globally.
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Ability to travel as needed.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.