Are you an innovative, self-starting Solutions Engineer who loves identifying and winning new clients? Do you have a passion for helping your clients “Realize the Promise of Technology™” in the emerging cloud services industry? We are hiring a Solutions Architect for our CloudBlue team
About CloudBlue, an Ingram Micro business:
CloudBlue is the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform, and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. CloudBlue, a newly formed Ingram Micro business, is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and four others software companies. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling, and monetizing services.
CloudBlue is the fabric that transcends every aspect of the new digital economy. We are enabling SaaS transactions, delivering cloud services, and offering enterprise-level anything-as-a-service faster, simpler and more cost-effectively. Our diverse and innovative team enjoys the continually evolving environment we are in, surrounded by the infinite potential of technology and leading the XaaS revolution.
As an Ingram Micro Solutions Architect/Sales Engineer, you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Act as a technical resource and mentor for sales teams, customer and service provider cloud planning, and implementation teams.
- Close new deals and drive results in large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex cloud-based solutions.
- Conduct workshops with resellers and their end customers to understand the existing workload and technical environment and design an IaaS solution to meet their needs.
- Leverage different tools to help resellers discover the existing environment and workload, architect and design the IaaS solution, quote, conduct proof of concept, orchestrate, deploy and migrate workloads.
- Use innovative and creative approach to problem-solving in each sales opportunity with the ability to organize and host training, webinars and present cloud architectures and solutions to senior management teams.
- Translate the strengths of IaaS technology into creative business solutions and clearly, succinctly communicate it to a broad mix of audiences
- Take a leadership position through the Ingram technical sales process and guides prospect and customer teams to solutions that will scale for their business requirements.
- Take a leadership role in advising internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 5-8 years of sales engineering building technical solutions for customers preferably with IaaS technology
- 5+ years of technical expertise with cloud-based platforms, apps, customization and dev. tools.
- Minimum of 3 years IaaS technical experience in a field engineering role
- Experienced designing and deploying technical environment on Amazon, Microsoft Azure, IBM BlueMix, and vCloud Air.
- Ability to implement the most advanced product features of IaaS and cloud platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of cloud and IaaS system and application design.
- In-depth knowledge of the cloud and IaaS market including the strengths and weaknesses of competitors globally.
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- A BS technical degree or equivalent, advanced technical degree highly desirable.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.