Are you excited about the potential for Cloud to help businesses be more productive?
Do you have a passion for technology and a continued thirst to grow and learn?
Join our dynamic, global team and change how businesses operate.
Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud, and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in an increasingly digital economy. We are a master cloud service provider (mCSP), empowering organizations to configure, provision, and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
Manager, IT Operations, Toronto
We are looking for a brilliant, overachieving, highly motivated manager, to lead our Cloud IT team.
You will be leading a team that spans multiple geographies and will take ownership of planning, forecasting, budgeting, project management performance, monitoring, and the overall health of our IT services and platforms. This is a hands-on technical role that will give you the opportunity to leverage experience and knowledge to deliver services that will enhance the productivity and efficiency of our organization.
- Develops and maintains technical roadmap including a long-term technical plan, accounting for company growth and business needs
- Oversees and manages implementation, delivery, and administration of IT services and technologies
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Security teams for project implementations as well as ensuring internal company policies, compliance requirements, and contractual commitments are maintained.
- Adapt to a rapidly changing technology landscape by assessing and implementing continuous improvements to systems and security
- Define standard operating procedures, service levels, KPIs, and controls for all IT processes
- Defines and enforces standards for all operating applications, promotes and drives adoption of selected tools across the organization
- Refine the standards and metrics for customer service, and ensure these are measured and achieved
- Monitoring team performance and ensure productivity
- Implement continual quality improvements and process automation
- Facilitate open communication between IT and other departments to foster the best possible service
- Set goals for team members, assisting with career development, and acting as coach and mentor
- Responsible for resource planning and staff management for infrastructure upgrades and replacement, routine maintenance, and other projects
- Evaluate opportunities to reduce the cost of services while maintaining and improving on user experience Ensures that IT systems comply with global and local corporate policies and procedures including compliance standards such as PCI, GDPR, and ISO27001
- Evaluate and select vendors from cost, roadmap, reliability, and usability perspectives
- 10-12 years of demonstrated experience in administrating IT services including 4+ years of IT operations management experience
- Technical Certificate or Graduate Degree preferred
- Career-focused on providing IT services for Microsoft & Linux environments
- Proven experience supporting a global team of over 1500 associates
- Team Management, mentoring, and leadership – have led small teams, ideally globally
- Project Leadership and Process Management – has defined and implemented processes dealing with onboarding, procurement, deployment, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of operations and tools: ITIL, ITSM systems and quality management
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of:
- Windows systems and architecture, access controls, security and risk management
- Identity and Access Management – Active Directory, Azure AD, Workday, and SAML SSO
- Cloud Infrastructure Technologies – Azure, AWS, GCP, Office 365
- Desktop Management and Security Tools – SCCM, Intune, and Defender APT
- Cloud-based productivity tools including Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, PowerBI, and Dropbox
- Experience with ITSM tools such as FreshService, ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
- Certifications – Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, or PMP preferred
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.