Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Associate Professional, Report & Analytics
The Associate Professional, Reporting & Analytics is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting for our business users.
You will be working alongside a team of seasoned Data Professionals in fulfilling requests that involves building data processing frameworks that handle the business’s growing database.
As an Analyst with the RDA Data team you will be supported to thrive and strive to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities.
What will you do in this role?
Data Strategy & Development (40%)
- Owns and extends the business’s data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets.
- Monitor the existing metrics, analyze data, and lead partnership with other Data and Analytics teams in an effort to identify and implement system and process improvements.
- Develop queries for ad hoc business projects, as well as ongoing reporting. In this capacity, build metadata system where all available data is maintained and cataloged.
- Play a major role in the development of reliable data pipelines that translate raw data into powerful features and signals.
- He supports key datasets that avail structured and timely access to actionable business insights.
- Develop ETL processes that convert data into formats through a team of data analysts and dashboard charts.
End Results: Developmental tasks assigned completed on agreed timelines without compromising the quality of work.
Collaboration & Support (20%)
- Play a collaborative role where he/she works closely with the business’s Data and Analytics teams, gathering technical requirements for exceptional data governance across the department and the business at large.
- In this collaboration, work with the data analysts, data warehousing engineers, and data scientists in finding and applying best practices within the Data and Analytics department as well as defining the business’s data requirements, which will ensure that the collected data is of a high quality and optimal for use across the department and the business at large.
- Work with data science team and departments beyond the Data and Analytics department in analyzing and understanding data sources, participating in design, and providing insights and guidance on database technology and data modeling best practices.
End Results: Proper collaboration and support with other Teams.
Perform Testing (10%)
- Perform unit tests and assist in performing UAT with the business partners and associates. Address all defects found during the testing period.
End Results: Error-free software upon launching to production.
Project Documentation and Correspondence (10%)
- Produce technical design as required. Write user manuals when necessary. Manage meetings with stakeholders. Provide timely updates on different phases of the project. Communicate to the business timely updates on the project/request.
End Results: Task assigned completed on agreed timelines without compromising the quality of work.
Data Administration (20%)
- Resolve issues and defects reports raised by the end-users within the stipulated timeline. Enhance ETL/ELT based on new requirements. Provide development timeline assessment.
End Results: Error-free and enhanced applications based on specifications.
The Ideal candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the same function.
- Required Technical Knowledge & Skills required to perform well in this role:
- SSIS Scripting – Queries & Views
- MS SQL – reading syntaxes
- Data Staging & Deployment
Job Monitoring & Database Performance Reporting
Ingram Micro - Internal Career OpportunityApplication Deadline March 18, 2021
- MS Excel Reporting
- Good to have exposure in Checking data output through Qliksense or other Data Visualization tools (PowerBI, Celonis, Tablue)
Get in touch with TA Partner - Ruth Vistro for ICO Application Guidelines