Principal, ERP Applications (SAP Basis)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 41474
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
This position is directly responsible and provides technical hands-on for SAP Basis configuration, installation, performance tuning, release upgrades, security functions, corrections and transports, monitoring and client implementation. It requires an in-depth knowledge of distributed computing technologies to configure and integrate SAP systems, which include new SAP dimensional products such as ECC 6.0, BI, Enterprise Portal, CRM, SCM, Livecache, MDG, SLT, TDMS, GTS, TREX, Solution Manager, GRC, Java stacks, LVM, HANA and other SAP applications to meet expanding business requirements. SAP Bolt-on includes SAP Console, OpenText, Ancile uPerform, Winshuttle, and Paymetric. Work with technology and business specialists to provide solutions consistent with computing platform standards and IT development strategic direction. Provide capacity planning and future growth assessments of all SAP systems.
What you bring to the role:
- Evaluate if request is properly assigned to group. Inform requester if inappropriately assigned.
- Own medium to complex requests.
- Distribute open requests to junior members
- Provide guidance to junior resources
- Incident Management
- Ensure resolution is provided within SLA
- Participate/drive High Severity and Critical Incident bridge calls
- Event/Alerts Monitoring
- Administrative tasks such as accept handover details from previous shift. Evaluate handover report
- Ensure continuity of efforts on critical alerts, incidents, request, changes
- Create/modifies Knowledge Transfer documents and publish
- Service Improvements
- Participate review of KPIs. Lead team to mitigate service gaps to meet KPI numbers
- Capacity Planning
- Project Work
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- University/college graduate in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Technology, Business or Management is a preferred.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in supporting SAP Basis technology
- At least 2 years’ experience in a senior role
- Certification in SAP is preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Certification in SAP
- Strong knowledge knowledge in SAP Basis Administration and SAP Bolt-on Concepts
- Strong understanding in SAP High Availability Concept
- Strong knowledge of SAP Implementation (Installation and Upgrade)
- Strong knowledge in SAP System Configuration and Performance Tuning
- Strong understanding of OS knowledge: Linux/ Unix, Windows, file system, directory manipulation
- Strong knowledge: Oracle/SQL/MaxDB/HANA DB
- Strong knowledge with SAP Bolt-on Upgrades
- Strong ability to contribute/support major activities (System Implementation/Upgrade/System Refresh)
- Strong ability to analyze problems and effectively prioritize, resolve and/or escalate as needed
- In-depth skills and practice of ITIL concepts, processes and best practices.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on multiple initiatives and priorities
- Solid documentation skills
- Understanding of industry leading solutions and technologies in the related domain (Cloud)
- Ability to integrate multiple technology disciplines to drive projects and provide SME insight
- Flexible in providing SAP Basis support during off business hours
- SAP Basis On-call rotation is required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills. Able to communicate effectively with peers in other teams and lead discussions.
- Ability to multi task and manage tasks in a project timeline
- Ability to receive direction and translating it to execution
- Self-driven and motivated individual, work with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent presentation skills and facilitation skills within the team
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things that you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.