Principal, ERP Applications (SAP Basis Consultant)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 41474
Principal, ERP Applications (SAP Basis Consultant)
This position is directly responsible and provides technical hands-on for SAP Basis configuration, installation, performance tuning, release upgrades, security functions, corrections and transports, monitoring and client implementation. It requires an in-depth knowledge of distributed computing technologies to configure and integrate SAP systems, which include new SAP dimensional products such as ECC 6.0, BI, Enterprise Portal, CRM, SCM, Livecache, MDG, SLT, TDMS, GTS, TREX, Solution Manager, GRC, Java stacks, LVM, HANA and other SAP applications to meet expanding business requirements. SAP Bolt-on includes SAP Console, OpenText, Ancile uPerform, Winshuttle, and Paymetric. Work with technology and business specialists to provide solutions consistent with computing platform standards and IT development strategic direction. Provide capacity planning and future growth assessments of all SAP systems.
Service Request Management
- Evaluate if request is properly assigned to group. Inform requester if inappropriately assigned.
- Own medium to complex requests.
- Distribute open requests to junior members
- Determine task requirement / review existing runbooks/procedures.
- Initiate triage with other groups and other senior resources on complex request.
- Provide guidance to junior resources
- Review the emails/ related documentation for the request.
- Accept the request.
- Check for completeness of information provided.
- Request additional information from requester as needed
- Deliver the task based on the specific functional requirement/s.
- Implement using standard procedures/runbooks.
- Secure confirmation from the requestor.
- Send any relevant details needed to confirm completion.
- Evaluate severity level of the incident.
- Distribute and assign incidents as needed.
- Drive movement of queue across the team.
- Ensure appropriate priority is given based on severity and complexity of service
- Identify the potential problem that need resolution.
- Initiate triage as needed
- Provide guidance to team members.
- Drive engagement with other team to resolve high severity and critical incidents.
- Confirm group assignment is appropriate based on initial diagnosis.
- Consult and seek assistance with senior resources as needed.
- Reassign to appropriate group once validated and update incident journal.
- Ensure high severity incidents have appropriate attention and resolve the soonest
- Perform troubleshooting based on standard procedures and runbooks.
- Provide technical expertise as needed
- Ensure the team takes ownership of the ticket and update incident journal with findings from troubleshooting
- Monitor status of service request on issues that require vendor support.
- Drive collaboration with other support teams for investigation
- Implement the identified break/fix procedure. Inform the incident stakeholder.
- Document the steps taken to resolve in the incident journal.
- Ensure resolution is provided within SLA.
- Implement resolution provided by vendor for medium to complex cases.
- Participate/drive High Severity and Critical Incident bridge calls.
- Secure confirmation and close the ticket
- Check details of assigned change/task. Assess and validate requirement.
- Raise internal changes (routine to minor classification)
- Review related emails/documentations for the tasks/change.
- Validate steps and ensure comfortability with the steps as indicated in the implementation
- Provide steps for internal team changes.
- Perform risk analysis for medium to complex changes.
- Determine priority of changes.
- Review and approve implementation plan and ensure the risks are evaluated
- Validate or provide estimate to ensure that implementation window given is sufficient to complete the task.
- Estimate the effort (hours) and resources (headcount) required for moderately complex changes
- Validate /ensure/familiarize backout steps (if applicable).
- Provide consultation in providing rollback options/steps to junior resources and change requestors for low to medium complex only.
- Identify required revisions and communicate with stakeholders
- Accept the task/change and confirm with stakeholders.
- Secure/ gather/ follow up, the necessary approval to implement the change
- Implement the tasks as indicated in the technical implementation plan.
- Update task/change status based on the result of implementation.
- Securing confirmation from the requestor/ Sending of details of completed tasks
- Implement monitoring configuration for moderately-critical alerts. Apply required monitoring changes as result of changes, migration, project implementation.
- Communicate with other stakeholders such as IOC the changes made.
- Ensure visibility across the Global team
- Monitor email generated events/monitors.
- Assign low to medium complexity to junior resources
- Prioritize alerts based on threshold levels, severity of warnings
- Own high complexity and vendor escalated alerts and drive them to resolution
- Interpret alerts/events generated from the monitoring tools.
- Evaluate alerts that require escalation to vendor.
- Perform standard troubleshooting steps for each alert.
- Communicate incident related alerts / events to applications/IOC/business users.
- Communicate vendor resolution to team providing details on the issue.
- Facilitate inclusion in HO when needed.
- Implement routine/scripts/vendor supplied fixes to resolve alerts
- Perform routine fixes as requested by apps/business users
- Raise corresponding request/changes to appropriate groups as triggered by the alert
- Create/Update procedures on low to medium complexity routine tasks related to REQ fulfillment, minor changes. Create new documentation when needed and endorse to senior resources for review.
- Create/update related documentation on incident management
- Proactive Incident Management
- Capture details of potentially recurring incidents
- Conduct periodic incident/alert trend analysis
- Conduct initial investigation, raise with vendor when required, and seek advice from senior resources for resolution.
- Raise request/change to implement resolution or endorse to appropriate support / applications group for resolution.
- Represent SAP Basis team on PBI meetings and provide RCA, drive resolution
- Problem Management
- Drives root cause analysis to identify solution and determine next steps.
- Ensure proactive RFCs both proactive and reactive RFCs are raised, and ensure PBIs are closed within grace period
- Represent the SAP Basis team on PBI meetings and post incident reviews.
- Own PBI records assigned to SAP Basis team.
- Performance Tuning
- Drive and own SAP basis performance tuning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to junior resources.
- Distribute minor performance initiative like parameter tuning to junior resources
- Identify tuning opportunities and lead engagement with other infrastructure and application support teams
- Drive automation initiatives
- Assign to capable junior resources.
- KPI review
- Participate review of KPIs. Lead team to mitigate service gaps to meet KPI numbers
- Capacity Planning
- Lead review and analysis of KPIs.
- Address service gaps when needed
- Lead team to mitigate service gaps to meet KPI numbers on RFCs, INCs, and REQs
- Lead ownership of projects. Ensure project timelines are met. Mobilize team to deliver task.
- Monitor project timelines owned by the SAP Basis team.
- Strategize project approach and represent the SAP Basis team on periodic project meetings. Escalate or coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Acts as consultant to both SAP Basis resources and project stakeholders.
- Provide expertise and recommendation to other teams for SAP Basis requirements
- Ensure database standards are followed on every project rollout
- Oversee updates and testing of the business continuity plan.
- Document the steps made for reuse and provide best effective approach.
- Conduct briefing to the team
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Technology, Business or Management is a preferred.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in supporting SAP Basis technology
- At least 2 years’ experience in a senior role
- Certification in SAP is preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Certification in SAP
- Strong knowledge knowledge in SAP Basis Administration and SAP Bolt-on Concepts
- Strong understanding in SAP High Availability Concept
- Strong knowledge of SAP Implementation (Installation and Upgrade)
- Strong knowledge in SAP System Configuration and Performance Tuning
- Strong understanding of OS knowledge: Linux/ Unix, Windows, file system, directory manipulation
- Strong knowledge: Oracle/SQL/MaxDB/HANA DB
- Strong knowledge with SAP Bolt-on Upgrades
- Strong ability to contribute/support major activities (System Implementation/Upgrade/System Refresh)
- Strong ability to analyze problems and effectively prioritize, resolve and/or escalate as needed
- In-depth skills and practice of ITIL concepts, processes and best practices.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on multiple initiatives and priorities
- Solid documentation skills
- Understanding of industry leading solutions and technologies in the related domain (Cloud)
- Ability to integrate multiple technology disciplines to drive projects and provide SME insight