Associate Project Leader-IND
Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 41455
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro India is the top IT Distribution company in India with nationwide presence at nearly 40+ locations. As a subsidiary of Ingram Micro worldwide we bring to India the best of business practices and our state-of-the-art information systems in worldwide distribution. We are committed to be the best wholesale provider of IT products and services in India providing real value to our customers and principals
What you will do:
What Talent do you bring?
- Leads users/customers in prioritizing new development projects, enhancement projects for existing systems and system maintenance requests.
- Works with the SAP functional groups to estimate staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, and equipment.
- Coordinates work assignments and schedules to ensure projects stay on track and within budget.
- Uses acquired knowledge across all business areas to provide requirements to applications support in a manner that conveys detail and understanding of our systems and business needs.
- Actively leads and coaches fellow associates in an effort to increase productivity and convey system/business knowledge.
- Manages various support teams as required from project to project and clearly identifying all team member roles and objectives.
- Upon project completion, provides team member performance feedback as needed.
- Coordinates resources across all IT disciplines: Applications Development, operations, network, ECommerce, etc.
- Organizes business and operational data from several sources into technical options, user specifications, cost estimates and timelines. Provide results to business owner in a way that a cost benefit analysis can be performed.
- Organizes data analysis results, recommendations and business designs into a clear concise format for communication to all levels of management associated with or interested in the project. Evaluates project impact to the business and systems.
- Obtains agreement on the business needs, as well as functional and technical requirements across all business functions.
- Develops detailed project plans, obtains and confirms commitments, and tracks completion of tasks against the plans. Projects involve (but not specific to) large organizational wide efforts.
- Ensures that all project phases and necessary resources are properly planned and scheduled. Organizes all aspects of the chosen project into a complete concise project plan that includes: a) Statement of work; b) Scope documentation; c) roles and responsibilities; d) critical success factors; e) project milestones and dates.
- Reviews and scrutinizes partner relationship contracts to ensure accuracy of company commitments.
- Projects management skills at a level to handle 3+ customer accounts or small / medium projects simultaneously.
- Creates, manages and is accountable for budget and monitoring expenditures.
- Expertise in, can instruct others in, and can execute the Systems Development Methodology (SDM) for all size projects.
- Works closely with Delivery manager / lead, Build Manager to assess technical status of project.
- Required to work with external business partners. This can include researching and identifying potential partners, initiating contact, and coordinating activities for project implementation.
8+ years experience desired in systems analysis, design, or development of software applications required; minimum of 2 years of management of personnel in project or line capacity required. Minimum 3 years of experience of managing SAP project is required. Work experience of hands on SAP implementation for 1 year is desirable. Experience in financial control, process design and re-engineering, project management, and capital intensive project evaluation such as EVA, IRR or ROIC. Project demands require long hours (overtime) for periods of time. Some travel, domestic and international will be required. Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Possesses knowledge to talk to customers at all levels/all areas of the business to formula business integration plans. Ability to travel domestically or internationally by air required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project desired.
What is in it for you?
You will get a wonderful opportunity to work with a team who believes in learning new skills, sharing ideas & driving results collaboratively.
We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning and many high-quality training courses to increase your technical knowledge and expertise.
We care for you and assure a psychologically safer environment, by giving greater value to overall wellbeing through our exclusive Employee Assistance Program