WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
** Must be a US Citizen or legal to work in the US without sponsorship.
***H1B Sponsorship is not available at this time for this position***
Support Enterprise and Shipwire facilities Harrisburg, PA and Shippensburg, PA
This position affords our ideal candidate the ability to:
- Partner with the Sr Manager and Director to support Engineering functions for two sites
- Work on exciting projects with a tangible business impact
- Continue to grow a business that has expanded rapidly over the last 24 months
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting independent technical projects for center operations.
- Performs duties involving design, analysis and evaluations requiring engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to develop or improve center automated process systems.
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office, and production facilities. Conducts studies in operations to maximize workflow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Meets established standards and ensures control of such factors as cost, schedule, risk, quality, safety, and equipment utilization.
- Compiles and evaluates test, prepares technical analysis, recommends production methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Conducts analyses of method and time standards.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure all needs are met. Performs and evaluates work measurement and workflow analysis for the establishment of standards and the utilization of facilities.
- Develops plant and equipment layout, capacity plans, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities.
- Provides instructions and standardizes practices.
- Evaluates new techniques and technological developments for inclusion in the production process.
- Responsible for design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly of systems, experimental, devices and specialized test equipment. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics, and logic systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in the design, construction, test, and check-out of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development, or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
What you bring to the role: Established and productive professional individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies, and practices.
- Works on moderate to complex projects.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives moderate level of guidance. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues.
A four-year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1-year position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
- 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. Monday – Friday.
- Must have flexibility in schedule to accommodate business need.
- Ingram Micro associates are offered a variety of benefits ranging from:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development
- Business Casual Dress
- A Company Culture rich in our Vision and Values
- Open Door Policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K upon hire
- Company paid holidays
- Discount Programs
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law