Industrial Engineer - Jeffersonville, IN
Louisville, KY, United States
Job ID: 41716
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Please note: H1B sponsorship is not available for this role.
If you are looking for a large, stable, and dynamic company that is growing, and is an industry leader in technology distribution, then this job is for you! With our recent tremendous growth, we are adding new positions across the U.S. Come join the Ingram Micro family!Job Duties:
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine production processes, staff requirements, production standards, profitability estimates, and cost estimations for capital expense requests.
- Develop work standards, time studies, and procedures.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding procedures, product specifications, production capabilities, and project status.
- Design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Communicate with management to develop production and design standards.
- Estimate production cost and effect of process changes for management review, action, and control.
- Formulate and assist in the development of process work instructions.
- Gather and record information to ensure accuracy of engineering drawings and documentation of the production process.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Develop production methods and labor utilization standards to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and resources.
- Work closely with other functional groups within the company as a subject matter expert.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Relayout proposals.
- Special projects.
- Compile, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with company and customer standards.
- Determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Perform engineering observations, and manage solution implementation.
- Critical thinking
- Time management, organization, prioritization
- Complex problem solving, mathematics
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Project, and Visio
- Data mining and SQL
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in engineering
- 2-3 years of industrial engineering experience in a distribution or warehouse environment
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Experience with process optimization projects
. *This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.