HR Business Partner – L&D
1. Identifying Information
HR Business Partner – L&D
Director of HR UK & Ireland
UK/Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and Crick, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Ingram Micro is the global leader in technology and supply chain services with an extensive array of resources to drive market and customer growth, while bringing unique insights that enable businesses to realise the promise of technology™.
Who we are
With our vast global infrastructure and focus on cloud, mobility, supply chain and technology solutions, Ingram Micro enables business partners to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. At Ingram we also know that none of this is achievable without great people with a complete customer focus.
It truly is all about the people at Ingram Micro. We work as one team in delivering outstanding value for our vendor and customer partners. Our HR team is a crucial part of this success and as the business continues to grow, we need to ensure we can support our people effectively. To support this vision, we now have an opportunity in the team for a Human Resources Business Partner specialising in Learning and Development.
This is an ideal opportunity for a qualified candidate to take the HR Business Partnering capability in the UK to the next phase of its evolution. Partnering with a number of directors and their direct reports across 2 different sites, the role is based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. This is a 360-degree HR role and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
3. Position Summary
Reporting directly to the HR Director UK and Ireland and working closely with the Local HR Team the HRBP will be responsible for managing part of the company’s UK HR initiatives but lead on Learning Development for the UK. This role serves as a key HR business partner to Ingram Micro’s UK business, providing HR counsel, talent management support, but also focusing on the whole L&D lifecycle for the business. The HR BP will work in conjunction with the HR team which will consist ultimately of 4 HR BP’s, 1 Payroll, 1 Talent Acquisition together with 2 internal trainers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a solid track record of success in an ever changing and dynamic global multi matrix working environment, with a clear focus on the local UK day to day operations. This role requires someone who thrives in a fast paced and demanding business environment, proactively driving change and who can spark enthusiasm in others. Excellent interaction skills, a confident presentation style, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels will be a key success factor to the post holder’s success. Excellent L&D experience and L&D facilitator experience, together with experience of setting up and running Graduate and Apprenticeship Schemes.
4. Duties, Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
The successful candidate will recognise the following key elements in his or her personal interest and HR track record:
- Long term business thinker
- Trusted advisor
- HR Advisory knowledge
- L&D Experience
- Capability builder
- Change champion
- Data driven decision maker
Specific responsibilities include, though are not limited to
- A strong HR Business Partner who will execute HR business frameworks, policies, plans and procedures to support the business’ strategic and operational priorities and key initiatives.
- Collaborate with HR centers of excellence Globally, (talent acquisition, organisation development and comp/benefits and Global L&D) to deliver effective and enduring human capital programs.
- This role will require the individual to be based out of our Milton Keynes Premises.
- Champion company values and develop cultural initiatives.
- Develop and lead programs pertaining to L&D analysis, design and employee development, performance management and coaching, and new hire orientation / onboarding.
- Assist with the development of employee relations policies and procedures, and provide coaching to a small number of BU leaders regarding effective workplace strategies.
- Solid understanding of UK employment law and have the natural ability to recognise and mitigate both organisational and people risk.
- Partner with business leaders to maximize organisational effectiveness and performance, and transformation and change initiatives.
- A passion and qualification in, for L&D across the business, working with 2 Internal Trainers, with the possibility of taking over the management and development of these 2 individuals in the next 6-12 months.
- Solid experience of leading, setting up Graduate Schemes, and Apprenticeship Schemes internally and management of the L&D and Apprenticeship budget.
- Providing solid evaluation of L&D initiatives and demonstrating the ROI of such initiatives.
5. Requisite Experience and Education (Minimum)
- CIPD Qualified
- L&D Qualification
- Strong HR Business Partnering knowledge and skills
- Results-orientated, services-focused human resource professional with a verifiable track record for adding value, organisation and superior performance and results to overall operations.
- Experience partnering with BU leaders and executive leadership,
- Excellent communication skills, with a track record of positive team development, consultation, planning and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate different levels of management and employees.
- Familiarity with prevailing regulatory requirements and standards relating to the function of human resource management in the UK.
- Management of the Apprenticeship Levy
6. Key Competencies
- Strong Business Partnering skills in team building, performance management and employee relations and regulations.
- Results focused.
- Demonstrable ability to influence, build on credibility, professionalism.
- Confident understanding of UK employment legislation and the application thereof
- Experience and knowledge of HR systems – Work Day knowledge would be great, but not essential
- Experience of Distribution and Channels and Vendor Management would be beneficial
- Confident with analysing data to make informed people decisions
- Ability to balance working autonomously yet with close collaboration with the HR team
- Comfortable working in highly matrixed environment; non-hierarchical personality and orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate across cultures.
- Proven ability to anticipate risk and opportunity within the HR framework, develop leadership solutions and take pre-emptive action where appropriate.
- HR professional who is commercially focused and may also possess business and finance experience.
- Solid facilitation skills supporting change management in a dynamic and global environment
- L&D Qualification
- And or a University degree in HRM.
8. Desired Competencies, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Be a strong ambassador for company mission, vision and values and proactively partner with all stakeholders in order to instill and maintain Ingram Micro culture
- Experience of working in a matrix environment and ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross functionally
- The ability to create a culture of shared values in which employees work cooperatively toward common and mutually recognised objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- Strong L&D facilitator with demonstrable experience of setting up and running internal training, but all management and collaboration with external bodies
- Act as strong support to team.
- A can do attitude
- And ultimately a fun outgoing personality.
09. Other requirements
- Driving license required
- UK citizen or proof of right to work in UK
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English