Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $52 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
The Benefits Professional will be responsible for day-to-day benefit operations including implementation, administration and communication of the Company’s health & welfare, leave of absence, wellness, and 401(k) plans. This role will focus heavily on leave of absence administration and working closely with our third party leave administrator, associates, local site HRBP’s, managers and payroll. There will be a focus on leveraging systems and data analysis in order to recommend process improvements for such day to day operations. Will ensure plans are administered consistent with company policies and are in compliance with federal and state regulations, including but not limited to COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ACA, ERISA, QMCSO’s and QDRO’s. This position will often work independently and will support/partner closely with the other corporate benefits team members.
Major Responsibility: Leave of Absence Administration
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Day to day administrative activities for leave of absences.
- Assist with the development of communications and trainings to facilitate process improvement with the HRBP’s through a better understanding of the regulations and each other’s role in the LOA process.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in benefits administration (areas of review to include payroll, benefits, LOA administrator, HR and Legal) and provide recommendations to optimize work load efficiency and accuracy.
- Heavy report generation and auditing.
Major Responsibility: Open Enrollment
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process for actives, LOA’s, COBRA participants and those on the retiree medical plan, including the review of communication materials, coordination of information sessions/trainings and updating of all materials associated with the new hire experience, as applicable.
- Assist with the coordination efforts with Willis Towers Watson surrounding the updating of site information and materials (including COBRA and retiree medical participants) and systems (Cobra and Actives); includes system testing.
Major Responsibility: Wellness Program (includes annual health fairs, biometric screenings, flu shots and IM Wellness Credit)
- Assist with creating and coordinating communications for the various components of the Wellness Program. This will include coordination with numerous internal and external partners.
- Participate in regular meetings with partnering HR contacts to oversee and manage the coordination of health fairs, biometric screenings and flu shots as applicable at the various locations.
Major Responsibility: Health and Welfare Plan Administration
- Assist with the day to day administrative activities for all plans, including the FSA and HSA plans and the dependent verification process.
- Participate in the management of vendor quality and performance to include but not limited to: documentation issues, customer service, adherence to plan provisions, and performance guarantees.
- Analyze current processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills. Must possess the ability to effectively coach managers and associates and be well skilled in both oral and written communications.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with 5 or more years of strong professional, progressive experience required. Minimum of two of these years spent working in a large corporate multi state environment desirable. Professional certification preferred.
- Must exhibit proactive qualities and have experience facilitating meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite including PowerPoint presentations, pivot tables, formulas and v-lookup. Experience with Workday and/or PeopleSoft required.
- Solid ability to multi-task, to identify, set and reset priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, associates, and vendors.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and impeccable attention to detail.
- Proven successful organizational and project management skills.
- Experienced with multi-state health and disability plans and regulations, including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, CFRA and PDL.
- Must be able to multi task, set priorities and meet deadlines while providing excellent customer service to our associates.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Continually strive for process improvement and efficiencies.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.