IT Infrastructure Architect
Job ID: 41927
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates. Position Summary:
This role is responsible for the architecture of the Ingram Micro Chile infrastructure technology systems. This role holds significant responsibility for providing robust and scalable technology platforms to ensure the ongoing performance of the IM services.
Leads the planning, design, and engineering of enterprise-level infrastructure and platforms related to for cloud computing; cloud computing is a model of IT deployment whereby a provider delivers an IT solution as platform virtualization (Platform as a Service, PaaS), or as an application to customers for use as a service on demand (Software as a Service, SaaS), or infrastructure/resources (Infrastructure as a Service, IaaS), also includes operational management of the data centers, desktop and corporate platforms.
This multi-faceted role also includes managing the infrastructure engineering team, defining technology standards, information security, product selection for infrastructure hardware, software and telecommunications, research into new and emerging technologies.
Function and Responsibilities
Architecture and Planning:
- Establish the overall system architecture documentation and implement standards and guidelines that guide the design and technology solutions, in collaboration with IM LATAM Infrastructure manager.
- Architect and design secure, robust, scalable infrastructure platforms to support delivery of the IT services. This also includes adoption of reusable technology assets to improve efficiency.
- Implement life-cycle planning for all in-scope infrastructure components.
- Ensure regular health checks of all “major” infrastructure components are performed, including business continuity and disaster recovery elements and regular testing of back-up solutions
- Define standards and policies for the deployment and operation of all in-scope infrastructure
- Undertake capacity planning for all storage, compute resources and network bandwidth
Acquisition and deployment:
- Foster close engagement with software development and project teams to identify and document emerging requirements
- Undertake solution architecture, high-level design and/or detailed design documentation as appropriate
- Prepare vendor engagement documents including RFIs and RFPs
- Perform vendor relationship management
- Drive product evaluation and selection of new infrastructure products to meet business projects, such as proof-of-concepts, production deployment and handover operations
Operations and Management:
- Manage team resources and project commitments ensuring the IT services uptime SLA’s are met
- Provide technical infrastructure support, on-call troubleshooting, escalate incidents and problem tickets, e.g. resolve implementation, integration and communication system issues
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Ensure and maintain security information standards based on corporate compliance policies as well as reporting and monitoring routines.
- Desktop, server, storage and networking infrastructure
- Desktop and server virtualization environments (VMWare)
- Backup/recovery and replication infrastructure
- Operating Systems software (Windows server)
- Database engine (SQL server)
- Telephony hardware and software
- Internal and external email software
- Collaboration tools (O365)
- All management, monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- All datacenter environmental infrastructure i.e electric power, cooling, rack space, cabling, etc.
- Cloud resources
Required skills & experience:
- 5-7+ years work experience in diverse IT technical and management roles
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration and applications layers
- Experience with large companies (muti-national enterprises) is desirable
- Experience with different technology platforms in embedded devices e.g. Web, Mobile, RFG, Cloud (Azure), SAP, BI.
- Prior experience in managing Vendors for meet SLA and internal/external audit process (ISO, SOX)
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and understanding industry trends
- Expert technical skills in:
- Network, security and communications (design, devices, protocols) – LAN/WAN, DMZ, SDWAN, Firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet), Switches (Cisco), UPS, WiFi management
- Security protocols and standards – encryption, AAD, MFA, Intune, Windows Defender,
- Voice Gateway (i.e. SIP Trunk)
- Windows servers technologies 2012, 2016, 2019
- VMWare ESXi/ESX 6.0 and higher
- Cisco and Ethernet security appliances
- Design and operation of DNS, DHCP, AAD, Windows 10 and desktop delivery solutions
- SQL Server
- O365 Suite
- Microsoft Exchange
- ITIL, PMP, COBIT Certification is desirable
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate with corporate and collaborate (tech and non-tech teams), successful track records of effective vendor management. English orally and writing is required.
- Solution orientated - Develops creative, workable solutions to complex issues. Demonstrates agility and resourcefulness in identifying creative and practical solutions.
- Collaborative - Good at collaborating with business specialists, designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts. You must also appreciate ambiguity and value creative conflict in support of strong design and outcomes.
- Plan and Improve – Understanding of business drivers and all software/platform requirements, documentation understating and frameworks, project management methodologies.
- Action Orientated - Enjoys working hard – responsive and flexible. Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritizing tasks and deliverables, and managing expectations accordingly.
- Solves Problems - Uses rigorous logic & methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Capability to work with people in different time zones