Mission: Ensure daily accounting operations, verification of the data reported to the tax administrations and other public bodies in matters of indirect taxation, as well as other payment obligations to which the company is subject and monitoring of annual audits.
Functions and responsibilities:
- Prepare statutory accounts, in order to comply with Portuguese statutory accounting requirements.
- Calculation and booking of the adjustments needed to convert Company GAAP into local GAAP (SNC).
- Reconciliation of Management Accounting vs. Statutory Accounting.
- Preparation of the statutory books and check of the monthly tax compliance.
- Comply with the official year-end procedures for tax and statutory purposes (Official Financial Statements, Corporate income Tax Return, Annual Tax Returns (IES), etc).
- Prepare, sign and file of the applicable recurrent tax returns, based on the statutory accounts.
- Gather necessary data to prepare recurring statistics data surveys to be filed with the National Statistics Institute (INE) and reply to INE queries regarding filed surveys.
- Gather and validate the necessary information for Tax Compliance purposes (e g. double taxation agreements forms (RFI)).
- Set of Financial statements with applicable notes.
- Preparation of relevant data for the completion of the annual statutory audit, including preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Data collection to prepare the Tax File (Dossier Fiscal) and Transfer Pricing Documentation.
- Training: Academic degree in accounting, finance, or similar areas. Certified accountant – mandatory.
- Experience and Knowledge: More than 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably experience in American multinational. Good knowledge of accounting standards namely Portuguese GAAP (mandatory) and IFRS (preferred).
- Languages: Fluent in English
- Other: Advanced level of Excel and Access, knowledge of Dynamics Software is a plus.