Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Supervision of systemic receipts, product testing and data clearing, picking and put-a-way of processed materials, as well as product transfers.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors, and evaluates performance of Returns associates; ensures their ability to safely operate; counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- Manage and monitor daily returns deliveries through USPS, UPS, and FedEx. Ensure Customer returns and exchange orders are processed in accordance to agreed upon SLA’s.
- Lead ongoing and special projects in support of Operations and work with cross functional internal teams.
- Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the company Returns goals in an effective and efficient manner.
- Interview and recommend applicants for hire as Returns associates. Other people management activities to include timekeeping, performance management, coaching, and corrective action.
- Gathers data for analysis and communicates results to internal company management for review and decision making.
- Supervises support level associates (clerks, production associates, technicians) in an organization characterized by high transactions or processes. Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team to ensure task completion.
- Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.
High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Four-year college degree not required but strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience and 1 year of leadership experience.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Strong critical thinking and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to define, drive and implement goals. Self-driven initiative to gain and share a broader knowledge of returns and supply chain.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Email. Experience in a WMS (Provia, Oracle, Manhattan, Red Prarie, SAP, etc.)
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, and crouch. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- *Tuition Reimbursement
- *Career Development
- *Business Casual Dress
- *A Company Culture rich in our Vision and Values
- *Open Door Policy
- *Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K
- *Company Observed Holidays
- *Discount Programs that include wellness, technology, retail, and more!
Must be a US Citizen or legal to work in the US without sponsorship.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.