Warehouse Operations Supervisor (Friday-Sunday, 4:30PM - 4:30AM)
This job posting is no longer active.
Jeffersonville, IN, United States
Job ID: 42112
We embrace our diversity and pride ourselves in our inclusion of all associates. Ingram Micro has employees from all over the world with 20 different languages represented at our Jeffersonville, IN facility. If you would like to know how you can join our operations management team, please click on the link below to watch our video.
Jeffersonville Operations Supervisor Video
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $49 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
INGRAM MICRO FUN FACTS:
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
AREA OF FOCUS:
- Leadership Development & Associate Engagement
Strong focus on the development of the next generation of the workforce. Preparing direct reports for the next step in their careers. Ability to drive engagement in an hourly workforce and encouraging them to be champions of our customers as they support each other.
- Customer Advocate
Ability to understand current customer needs and how to address within the existing framework. Able to anticipate future customer needs and orient the organization to provide those needs to help us win in the market. Participate in the RFP and Solution Design process to win new clients within our 3PL business unit.
- Administers and operates the organization's warehouses, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- This is a non-conveyor distribution center.
- Accounts for all materials and supplies; audits goods received into warehouse.
- Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space.
- Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment.
What you bring to the role:
- Supervises support level employees - sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders.
- Operations mind-set – thorough understand of how a warehouse functions
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel – people person
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required. Four-year college degree not required but strongly preferred.
- Experience with WMS
- 3+ years in warehouse/distribution environment
- 1+ in leadership role
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.