Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Engineer writes new programs, maintains, and modifies existing applications programs. The Engineer is also responsible for creating technical design/solutions and following the Ingram Micro chosen applications development standards and methodologies.
The Engineer works primarily on an independent basis within the guidelines given for delivery of technical work assignments.
The Engineer must have good communication and collaboration skills and be team oriented.
Shifts are between morning, mid or night with weekends as off-days although members can be asked to report to work at night and/or during weekends and/or holidays.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Major Responsibility: Requirements Analysis/Effort Estimation
- Can ask the right questions to obtain desired information.
- Can identify complexity of the requirement/tickets.
- Can piece together details obtained during requirements gathering to see the big picture.
- Understanding of business requirement process.
- Can come up with effort estimation on own task.
- Can come up with high level effort of entire requirement/tickets.
Major Responsibility: Design
- Can translate business requirements to Functional/Technical design.
- Can identify possible exception/s based on the gathered requirements
- Can drive discussion with interface applications and business to understand the requirements.
- Can render judgements/decision about the scope, effort and criticality of the requirements
Major Responsibility: Build/Development & Production support
- Creates technical design and solution to address particular business/system requirements/tickets.
- Creates applications code with consideration for efficiency and ease of maintenance.
- Can identify the technical implication of any solution on the other modules/functionalities.
- Can assist on code review and suggest optimized implementation/solution
- Resolves technical issues and analyzes or develops solutions for application programs outside primary application knowledge.
- Can provide estimates and timeline based on the given requirements/ticket.
- Can come up with quick solutions/workaround to keep the business running.
- Can identify the support group and stakeholders needed to address issues.
- Can participate in execution and support of project’s release management activities, especially during development and at least in the lower environments)
- Can provide support to Senior members of the team during Deployment/Implementation, if asked to do so, with specific instructions followed
Major Responsibility: Code Review
- Able to conduct code review based on the internal code checklist.
- Able to identify if test cases/scenarios provided are accurate and align with the requirements/tickets.
- Able to introduce new processes/requirements to improve quality of deliverables.
Major Responsibility: Unit Testing
- Can execute detailed test plans for unit testing
- Can do bug fixing on builds he performed
- Well-versed in using debugging tools/utilities
- Able to provide detailed review points/feedbacks in doing Peer Reviews.
Major Responsibility: IST/UAT
- Can investigate and determine the root cause of the issue.
- Can provide a fix to the issues encountered during testing that is related to the requirement/ticket
- Can do bug fixing on builds he/she performed.
Major Responsibility: Admin Tasks
- Accurate clocking of worked hours in Kronos, SAP CATS and Plan Port.
- Compliance to company policies and mandatory training.
- Responds to communications in a timely manner.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Graduate of any IT Related 4- or 5-year course.
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in related programming language
- Highly skilled of any of the following technology
- Microsoft technology such as MS Visual Studio, .NET, Entity Framework, MVC, MS SQL and Angular JS.
- T-SQL / ANSI SQL
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle DDL
- Experience in API (Application Programming Interface) is a plus
- Experience in Source Control Management like TFS is a plus
- Experience in programming language such as Bootstrap and Angular JS, Oracle and Cobol is a plus.
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal with strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create Technical documentations.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Reverse Logistics and Mobile Repair Industry, or anything equivalent
- ITIL experience
- Any IT Service Management Tool Experience like ServiceNow
- Agile-Scrum experience
- May be asked to provide secondary or tertiary support during weekends / holidays
- Readiness to provide support to the team lead and primary support associate to address the overflow.
Disclaimer *The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or as necessitated by business demands.