Lean Six Sigma - Continuous Improvement Manager
Forth Worth, TX, United States
Job ID: 41876
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $47 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
The Lean Six Sigma Expert is responsible for delivering on tactical level lean projects aligned with the Operational Excellence and General Continuous Improvement activities to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost Objectives using lean tools, techniques, and methods.
LEAN/ Continuous Improvement:
- Implement the Continuous Improvement system (Lean Six Sigma) for Ingram Micro.
- Implement the capability building plan through various training and mentoring efforts for both LEAN Six Sigma and leadership development in Continuous Improvement.
- Lead, participates and/or facilitates Kaizens, LEAN workshops, Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs), Just Do Its (JDIs), Illuminate Think Shops, High Velocity Learning (HVL), 5S events as required, as well as support for Departmental process improvement data gathering and surveys.
- Select/apply appropriate CI tools to improve line capacity, line efficiency, process reliability, mean time between failure and other key measures.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and the DMAIC process to complete projects with annual savings and provide technical expertise to support root cause analysis process.
- Demonstrates value of CI program through success metrics, value creation (improvements in customer satisfaction, service levels, cost and income).
- Establishes priorities, determines timeliness of the planning and conducts the implementation on time, with quality and under budget, while partnering effectively with the rest of the stakeholder divisions.
- Assures and retains high quality staff with advanced technical skills and business knowledge.
- Introduces ideas generated and system enhancements put in place to reduce costs and improve reliability and customer satisfaction in critical company-wide business processes.
- Establishes the most efficient processes and tools, in support of the business.
- Prioritizes initiatives and create implementation plans in conjunction with Operations, IT, Project Management and Account Management.
- Develops and establishes supporting metrics for processes.
- Lead teams to solve problems, eliminate waste and reduce variation. Participate in all relevant aspects of project management initiatives and support commissioning, qualification and verification for capital projects.
- Work with leaders in the organization to identify and recruit high performing individuals into the Lean Six Sigma program and collaborate on strategic initiatives.
- Lead and manage Lean projects, Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing, and DMAIC in order to accomplish measurable business process improvements.
- Evaluates educational material for Ingram Micro Functional Managers and facilitates the sharing of best practices.
- Partners with business leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities to create positive bottom line growth.
- Engages at a higher capacity, influences and executes the strategy and vision of the business unit.
- Engages, negotiates, resolves conflict, and builds strong consultative relationships and strategic partnerships with senior leaders to facilitate change.
- Coordinates the development and communicates with client organizations to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Facilitates updates, meetings and key communication with functional managers and executives.
- Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and compliance with procedures, etc..
- Effectively communicate and notify lean engineers and operations leadership when there are any discrepancies.
- Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply chain management, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant area is required.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification or better through ASQ or equivalent certification.
- 5-10 years of lean application and technique methods with proven results.
- 3+ years’ experience working in warehouse distribution and Intimate knowledge of related Distribution Center operations best business practices.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with process improvement tools (TPS, Lean, Six Sigma, VSM, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies & Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience leading Kaizen events with evidence of significant savings and benefits.
- MS Office Suite with strong MS Excel skills, MS Access, and Visio. Advanced skills in Excel, SQL, or other analytical tools for data mining and analysis.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as basic probability and statistics, geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Engineering
- Strong proficiency in Work Measurements.
- Strong financial and analytical ability
- Broad capability building in Continuous Improvement
- Strong and convincing communication skills
- Proven track record of successful change management and accomplishments implementing productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a fast work environment that has the potential to change due to regulatory and business needs.
- Ability to work with leadership across the enterprise to bring about positive behavioral change.
- Ability to work positively with front line teams to deliver on project goals.
- Plan and organize projects that cross department/division lines and lead those projects to a successful conclusion.
*Position may require occasional travel up to 20% across US.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.