Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
RPA DevOps Manager (Manager, Software Development)
Digitalization & Application Management
Thoughtful Manager to support the GBS strategy of enabling the Robotics Process Automation (RPA) initiatives and setup Automation COE to support the process teams in technology automation.
This role will manage day to day activities and maintain relationships with global, and local teams in GBS. Role also demands a close collaboration with the BPI teams to drive business enablement strategy, process automation (RPA), process improvement, business architecture and IT strategy methods, responsible for developing strategies to assess all operational processes and create a methodology for process prioritization, standardization and optimization for the GBS organization.
The strategies should entail improvements through business strategy translation, operational innovations and technology solutions with the goal of improving operational efficiency, effectiveness, customer experience, & service delivery.
A key role of the position is focus on the automation strategy including design, development, enhancements, implementation and post go live support. This includes establishing RPA COE service delivery, and role development to meet the objectives of the organization with a goal of building self-sustainable team.
This role needs to establish a clear operating model to offer RPA as a service to the Non-GBS entities. The role will work closely with Ingram Micro IS to ensure technology and resource alignment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead business initiatives, driving widespread adoption and deployment of projects
- Establishes management system to develop and perform reviews of business cases
- Enables environment to run proof of concepts, pilots and establishes organizational value proposition
- Engages relevant stakeholders
- Designs education and training programs
- Leads change management globally and across GBS
- Plans governance program and ensures it is integrated or closely aligned with overall GBS governance
- Assembles team, grows as needed
- Extensive knowledge on software development & applications management
- Detail Knowledge on SDLC process
- Create and maintain documentation related to projects: process mapping, business requirements, functional & technical specifications, proposals, go-live release notes, package deployment and administration
- Perform quality assurance tests for all developments before go-live
- Should have exposure in estimation techniques and requirements gathering
- Planning and monitoring of the deliverables
- Mentor the project team in executing the projects
- Improve development and maintenance speed & effectiveness.
- Implement a standardized software development process that allows taking advantage of distributed team and ensures that all team members follow the same defined process, tools, and the developed products have the same quality.
- Create/Update all required documentation (standards, processes, guides)
- Follow implemented SDLC process within the established tool (Jira, Sharepoint, Project Tracker, etc)
- Design capabilities conforming to industry standards
- Design to build effective reusable components
- Establish and maintain the Version Control and Source Code Repository
- Establish clear administration of deployed solutions/automations
End Results: Streamlined SDLC process and governance to deliver solutions for productivity improvements
- Improve core business processes
- Drive for standardization and consolidation to deliver cost benefits, scalability, and effectiveness as competitive advantages
- Establish a clear technology roadmap understanding the business needs
- Evaluate & deploy right tools available in the market based on the business use cases
- Establish ways to automate the steps in the SDLC process like QA etc.
End Results: Implementation of new technology & tools with a clear business impact
- Improve applications' customer needs and corresponding quality
- Implement a QA process that allows testing apps during development phase and ensures applications quality according to customer’s needs.
- Collaborate with the solutions & business teams to review feasibility and provide realistic solution
- Implement Automation awareness programs to the business/operations users in coordination with the BPI team
- Define a process to have the automation ideas to be shared and establish it as a project in collaboration with BPI team
- Documentation of necessary steps (ex: Collating of UAT results, UAT Sign-Off, etc.…)
- Provide clear estimates during the initial project review and deliver as promised
- Provide complete support during the UAT and Hypercare phases
End Results: On time & quality delivery with no gaps in the solution delivery
Metrics & Measurement
- Provide prompt, accurate and comprehensible SDLC metrics
- Define and follow metrics that show data about the whole development process and allow taking opportune and strategic decisions in the continuous pursuit for synergies and improvement opportunities.
- Define and follow needed metrics, according to established (KPIs).
- Define and follow development performance metrics
- Define and build dashboards and portals that allow track metrics.
- Act as the team's internal Project Manager, aligning Projects with the team's assignments
End Results: Work assignments & work burndown charts. Defects logged.
- Improve teams' capabilities and competitiveness
- Increase individual and team skills and knowledge with Technical and Non-technical training based on teams' weakness and opportunities detection
- Perform quarterly abilities/skills detection
- Define training plan for the team
- To perform quarterly team goals' review, and quarterly individual assessments against goals
- Conduct frequent meetings with the teams to get top offender issues and determine priorities for bug fixing and applications’ enhancements
- Conduct frequent meetings with all development cycle implicated teams to get feedback and improve internal team’s connection and processes.
- Close collaboration with internal teams across GBS locations to follow same process & procedures
- Perform daily SCRUM Meetings with the team to make sure that projects are on track, and that the team is still aligned with the targets
End Results: Team member retention, collaboration, and career progression
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Resource allocation
- Project Management
- Process and Governance-related Actions
- Quality-related Decisions
- Development Plans of Team Members
- Hiring & Firing Resources
- Problem solving where development of new solutions, methods and systems will result in a major impact on department's overall success.
- Implement own recommendations and see projects through to completion.
- Analyze current methods and procedures, recommend and implement improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions.
- Ability to give and receive information accurately.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures accurately; to organize facts and figures; apply basic arithmetic.
- Participate in meetings to give and receive information several times a week
- Conduct meetings or presentations to explain, negotiate or persuade up to and including the Executive level
Section 6: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- BA/4-year degree required preferably advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Business or IS
- Preferred Six Sigma Certification (BB/MBB preferred)
- Minimum 4 years Technical Experience in Software Development specific for Robotic Process Automation
- In depth knowledge of RPA tools (at least one) UiPath, Automation Anywhere, BluePrism, Newgen, Pega/OpenSpan etc.
- At least 5 RPA projects (end to end implementation, not just PoC) should be executed
- Must have established the COE for automation service delivery. Working experience in software architecture design and experience in Agile methodology
- 10+ years of progressive BPM management experience
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.