Consultant, Financial Planning & Analysis
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Job ID: 41874
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Consultant, Financial Planning & Analysis – Being a strategic business partner, provides strategic and financial support to the Canadian Technology Solutions Business & support on Financial Planning and Analysis for the Canadian Organization as a whole. Key responsibilities include profitability analysis and optimization, P & L forecast, strategic planning, and extensive financial modelling.
Strategic Business Partner, Strategic and Financial Support to the Canadian Technology Solutions Group:
- Conduct customer and vendor profitability review and analysis
- Conduct revenue/margin optimization analysis
- Responsible for ad hoc customer/vendor financial analyses and presentation of key results of this analysis to senior management.
- Prepares financial modeling and decision support for senior management to drive change and accountability in the business.
- Develop Pro-forma business plans and P&L for existing and new business opportunities
- Develop new profitability models to evaluate changes in the distribution model
- Identifies and presents cost reduction, control, and business reengineering opportunities
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and consulting on behalf of the Sales organization
- P&L forecast and strategic scenario planning
- Educates stakeholders on key financial metrics and strengthen their financial acumen
- Presentations to Executives on projects and initiatives.
- Uses influencing, negotiation, and communication skills for win-win outcomes
- Analysis reports are prepared on time, meeting or exceeding the expectations of management in terms of accuracy and thoroughness
- Analysis details are actionable and presentable
Financial Reporting and Planning Support for Ingram Micro Canada:
- Provide Support to Canadian Financial Reporting and Annual Planning
- Work with Controllership team and other functional areas on the data required for the P&L and Working Capital forecast and development
- Provide support to Director FP&A in putting together the executive profitability reporting packages.
What you Bring to the Table:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strategic / big picture mindset with a can-do attitude
- Ability to make recommendations, gain agreement and implement solutions on behalf of a diverse Technology Solution organization (influence, change agent)
- Ability to interact with all levels of associates to gain an understanding of and resolution to issues that pertain to the top and bottom lines (collaboration, problem-solving skills, and results-driven)
- Ability to work with and fully understand large quantities of data and organize in a presentable manner (effective presentation)
- Ability to create means of obtaining information from mainframe where methods/ways do not currently exist (creativity/innovation)
- Ability to present to executive level (effective communication)
- Advanced Excel (writing macros, developing formulas, using functions such as pivot and lookup tables)
- Magellan or other data mining tools
- Experience with SAP / OneStream or other large ERP systems
Education / Experience
Post-Secondary, along with the completion of CPA (CGA/CMA/CA) or MBA
- 5+ years’ experience as a Financial Analyst preferably partnered with a business unit
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the IT industry
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling and the ability to communicate advise stakeholders on a direction.
- Familiarity with working in a high-volume, rapid-paced environment
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.