Global Cloud Solutions Engineer – IaaS/PaaS
Who are we?
Ingram Micro Cloud is driving a paradigm shift in the adoption of cloud technology with small and medium-sized businesses through our channel partners' breadth. Ingram Micro is the largest Indirect Cloud provider globally and is looking for an experienced Global Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer in the IaaS/PaaS space. The goal is to help shape and execute the global solutions strategy, using best-in-breed technologies to deliver cloud offerings on the major Cloud hyperscale’s.
As a Global Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer within Ingram Micro Cloud, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop the global IaaS/PaaS solution strategy. Working cross-functionally with other Global teams and our local markets to execute and deliver on our solution initiatives (Internal Enablement). A key part of the role includes collaborating with our strategic global vendor partners (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform) to coordinate on alignment, tools, and resources to support our global initiatives. Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving the Technical side of our IaaS/PaaS practice working closely with the Business on strategy alignment.
- Drive and Design Global Solutions run on the main Hyperscale’s for the defined target group, ensuring executive buy-in, leading country enablement, go-to-market alignment along with channel relationships.
- Establish growing technical relationships with key vendor partners across the IaaS/PaaS portfolio category and be the point of contact for vendor SA’s.
- Responsible for growth in consumption adoption from the main Hyperscale’s in our portfolio (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform). Drive more IaaS/PaaS consumption, or ease consumption tracking through the creation of packaged solution offerings.
- Building a global Technical community across our field technical teams for enablement and best-practice sharing purposes.
- Contribute to all aspects of solution deployment lifecycle from design to delivery.
- Defines the solution roadmap
- Working closely with Sales, Local Markets, Services, Marketing, Go-To-Market, and Product teams to create solutions that work for the SMB segment.
What do you bring to the role?
- Be the subject matter expert in IaaS/ PaaS and related attach ISV solutions within Ingram Micro’s Global portfolio. Provide a deep understanding of technologies like AWS (recommended), Azure, as well as the Professional and Managed services, included.
- Understanding of Ingram Micro business and understanding of IaaS/PaaS products and services
- Deep knowledge of the solution area’s desktop/server/network/storage infrastructure.
- Give direction and have specialist knowledge in applying the hyperscale’s technology solutions to customer (SMB) business needs.
- Experience in Solution Design with Architecture on Amazon Web Services and others.
- Co-ordinate solution developments and drive outcome to put in-place governance and a tracking process on progress.
- Align with various cross-functional stakeholders and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Great market knowledge and be able to anticipate solution trends that drive Cloud consumption.
- Own the day-to-day Technical relationship for our Global Strategic Vendors (AWS, Microsoft, GCP).
- Enable in-country technical Pre-sales and technical teams on Solutions and Services.
- Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Willingness to learn new cloud-based technologies and apply experience to cloud-enabled solutions
- Be high technical aptitude, a complete understanding of the AWS solutions inside, and is strong business acumen.
- Divers and broad technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services is highly welcome.
- Can multitask and problem-solve. Ability to deep dive on specific areas.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Proficient in English (Spoken and Written), Conversant in Technical English
- A minimum of 5-7 years proven Pre-sales, technical experience in the software/technology industry and brings a unique balance of public cloud platform expertise on a technical and product level
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with partners to deliver solutions bundled with programs, campaigns, and incentives
- Strong experience in solution design and delivery on AWS. AWS certified requirements. Other vendors recommended
- Strong experience in process and infrastructure automation and orchestration tools
- Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences and drive mindshare
- Strong business acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving, growing and managing the solutions portfolio
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value solutions (combinations with other Cloud ISV’s as e.g., Veeam, VMware, Red hat)
- Effectively build strategic working relationships and develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Build trust and display confidence in his or her intentions and those of the organization
- Experience managing tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies with assistance or on own.
- Knowledge and experience of working across cultural boundaries
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.