Operations Manager (Friday-Monday, 8AM-6PM)
Jeffersonville, IN, United States
Job ID: 42313
We embrace our diversity and pride ourselves in our inclusion of all associates. Ingram Micro has employees from all over the world with 20 different languages represented at our Jeffersonville, IN facility. If you would like to know how you can join our operations management team, please click on the link below to watch our video.
Jeffersonville Operations Management Video
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
INGRAM MICRO FUN FACTS:
- Ingram Micro does $50 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
AREA OF FOCUS:
- Leadership Development & Associate Engagement
Strong focus on the development of the next generation of the workforce. Preparing direct reports for the next step in their careers. Ability to drive engagement in an hourly workforce and encouraging them to be champions of our customers as they support each other.
- Customer Advocate
Ability to understand current customer needs and how to address within the existing framework. Able to anticipate future customer needs and orient the organization to provide those needs to help us win in the market. Participate in the RFP and Solution Design process to win new clients within our 3PL business unit.
Ingram Micro, Inc. Operations Manager administers and operates the organization's warehouses, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials, and equipment. Accounts for all materials and supplies; audits goods received into warehouse. Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures. Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space. Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment.
Manages a group of supervisory professional(s) and oversees a group of approximately 60 or more hourly warehouse employees with the supervisory staff. Makes day-to-day operational decisions for the group/department.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily opening and securing of the facility.
- Flexibility in work hours to provide supervision for direct and indirect reports/employees. Availability to work on Saturday and Sunday based on business demands and during peak business times.
- Meet company operational goals daily to meet customer expectations. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges and resolves problems that are difficult to moderately complex.
- Sets performance goals and objectives for approximately 60 warehouse workers and supervisors for achievement of operational results. Monitors, audits, reports and drives the team to meet company established metrics.
- Manages, with supervisor(s), warehouse workers’ performance including training, performance and disciplinary coaching and terminations. Conducts interviews during hiring periods.
- Interfaces with other Operations Mangers and Senior Executives and influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Enforce and follow company policies and procedures including standard operating procedures and safety.
- Able to perform motions such as reaching, bending, picking up, lifting weight of up to 50 pounds, walking for periods of time, standing for periods of time. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate between 2 facility buildings (both in Carol Stream, IL).
- Must be able to perform duties in a warehousing type environment, working well in busy conditions which may be noisy at times.
- A four-year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field)
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 4 years of position specific experience and 2 years of supervisory experience or 4 years of leadership experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.