Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 42082
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 60 countries and more than 35,000 associates. Ingram Micro is ranked in the Top 100 for “America’s Best Employers” by Fortune. We are a $50B company with a unique business model of touching more than 80% of all the technology in the world.
Join our amazing eCommerce team and help drive innovation for a global company whose web sites serve 60+ million yearly visits and generates over $5B in annual revenue across 30 countries. In this role you will lead a team that creates a digital experience to delight our customers and exceed their expectations, while establishing the pathway to double digit growth. The ideal candidate for this role is fulfilled by seeing the results impact key metrics and move the needle.
The Manager, UX / UI, will lead the design initiatives for our global digital customer experience. We are looking for an innovative design thinker who is self-sufficient, thrives in ambiguity, has experience in quickly grasping requirements, can manage a team of designers and drive results across business product and technical teams.
- Manage and develop a team of designers, setting clear goals, managing workloads and allocating designers, accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Lead and provide guidance to the team to develop best practices for maintain a high bar for quality and throughput.
- Create frameworks to understand and be the voice of our internal and external customer.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, business, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Define a gather relevant metrics to drive product design decision.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Establish and maintain a strong stakeholder network with high level of trust that facilitates action.
- Establish a fact-based culture in the organization by defining data driven decision processes.
- Help to build a strong design culture within the organization.
- Lead the efforts in user research, product design, product innovation, user experience and design that transforms the Ingram Micro Digital properties.
- Regular communication with senior leadership across business, digital strategy, and technology, therefore, executive presentation skills are essential for this opportunity.
- Ensure that user-facing products are both highly effective and world-class in design.
- Own the discipline of user experience and design system to enable itself and similar lateral organizations achieve standards in design based on industry leaders.
- Key contributor to the digital strategy, providing the factual basis for future customer experiences and its development.
- Team building, Cross Functional Collaboration, Accountability, Ownership and Defining Success Criteria’s are some of the key qualities required for this position.
- Passion for delivering user centric design and a knack for balancing user need with technical requirements.
- Invest in the success and growth of your team while acting as a liaison and thought leader for partner organizations.
- Maintain customer archetypes and user personas to ensure the stakeholders understand the needs of our customers.
- Rally the product and design teams around a shared design thinking methodology and culture.
- Invent new features and experiences that keep Ingram’s digital properties are ahead of the competition.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and other stakeholders to develop industry-standard products.
- Present and justify design rationale and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines and best practices, implement tools and standards.
- Evolve Ingram’s visual design language, extending it to include interaction patterns.
- Collaboration with various teams within an Agile Framework.
What you bring to the role:
- BA/BS degree in HCI, UX, or related field is required.
- 10+ years of design experience with a focus on eCommerce or related field.
- 4 + years industry experience in a management role on a design team.
- A portfolio of relevant design work (from UX design to visual design systems), executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products that people love.
- Experience leading a product focused high-performance design team.
- Experience working with product and engineering managers, business stakeholders, and user researchers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- Experience managing process and teams in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience working in the B2B and ecommerce space.
- Experience working with design systems and tools such as Sketch, Invision and Adobe.
- A user-centered design approach and highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top design talent.
- Comfortable managing a wide range of responsibilities at the same time.
- Experience in AB and multivariance testing.
- Outstanding communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely.
- Outstanding presentation skills and storytelling.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.