Business Development Executive
This job posting is no longer active.
Milton Keynes, BKM, United Kingdom
Job ID: 42430
Surface Business Development Executive (Development)
Milton Keynes, UK
Senior Business Manager Microsoft
Business Managers, Ingram Associates on all levels, and Customers.
SCOPE & PURPOSE:
- The role of Business Development Executive (BDE) is a subject matter expert on the Ingram Micro Infrastructure driving Microsoft Surface, the value proposition and management of a sub-set of partners supporting them to drive business growth. Set of partners inc. existing, focus and new target accounts
- This role is focused on the DMP Surface approved base of customers and focusing on driving Frequency and Yield of partners orders.
- The role is part of the Surface Commercial team.
- Positioning Ingram Micro as the Distributor of choice.
- Ensures decisions are in line with company metrics, supporting data and TENETs to build long term mutually profitable relationships
- Ability to evaluate and understand and respond accordingly without delay
- Customer first approach at all times and proactively takes corrective measures to improve service delivery
- Thinking macro in identifying business opportunities and refer for broader business outcomes
Communication and Collaboration
- Collaborates with other departments and is comfortable having honest conversations to turn difficult decisions into business benefits
- Willingly learns from other team members to enhance the overall performance of the team whilst proactively sharing knowledge
Influence and relationship building
- Can successfully work in high demand diverse team environment and deliver to customers
- Ability to adapt between micro (immediate day to day) and macro (wider picture) thinking and identify the needs of the customers
- Successfully navigating through matters of complexity for best outcomes - drive continuous improvement mindset toward sales
- Ad hoc customer meetings including off site presentations
- Ability to quickly identify patterns and trends along with what is missing to generate effective solutions to address any gaps
- Ensure the solutions provide a positive customer experience are profitable, cost effective and maximising sales
- Is willing to consider new ways of working and try other people's ideas as well as their own
Planning and Organising
- Ensuring that there is a positive customer experience that is cost effective and maximising productivity time
- Ability to review current workload and prioritise accordingly
- Working closely with internal and external account managers spending time on sales floor increasing awareness
- Works to ensure tasks and activities are complete efficiently and effectively for internal and external
- Works to build a strong relationship with the vendor and ensure that communication is efficient and effective for internal and external stakeholders
- Give clear communication to the vendor and other colleagues on expectation to drive sales
- Understand the product offering and proactively advocate
CONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR
- Where appropriate to do so, take pro-active and decisive corrective action within perceived scope of influence
- Actively demonstrate the Ingram Micro TENNETS
- Take and accept accountability for results
PRINCIPAL TASKS OF JOB / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and ownership for development of our top & mid-range partners & identify high potential customers both onboarded and to be onboarded to drive sales
- Managing partner opportunities developed independently, supporting the wider IMUK sales team
- Management and ownership of the joint business plan within both top partners, covering sales & marketing activities and skill development utilising Microsoft training teams as required.
- Ownership for managing, updating and reporting weekly on full business pipeline building out a long range forecast of business and requirements
- Working with the Microsoft sales teams to develop skills and relationships
- Supporting the wider business unit team of Business Manager & Product Manager to promote cross sell opportunities
- Proven skills to operate in a large matrix business
- Problem-solving skills, conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent oral, written and listening skills
- An ability to influence across multiple department
- Ability to cross sell and across multiple levels
- Demonstrated initiative to work independently and with teams interchangeably.
- Ability to maximise profitability on any opportunity
- Deliver against KPI’s set including Call, Revenue and FEM and as appropriate Rebate targets including Microsoft Incentives
- Promoting As a Service and solutions to increase Ingram Micro awareness of possibilities.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and behaviours expected of this role.
The company reserves the right to amend or delete with or without notice in line with change in business needs
E = Essential
D = Desirable
- Proficient in English (Spoken and Written)
- Conversant in Technical English
- Knowledge and experience of working across cultural boundaries
- Understanding of Ingram Micro business
- Understanding of products and services
E = Essential
D = Desirable
- GCSE grade C or above in both Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Full UK driving license
- Sales or business development
Uncontrolled if Printed
Operations Lead – JD Jan 2019