Senior Internal Auditor - Americas
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 42409
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Senior Auditor position is responsible for planning, developing, and executing audit procedures and effectively reporting on the outcome across a broad and dynamic range of processes and geographies. This position covers the Americas (US, Canada, Central & Latin America) region to deliver high quality internal audits including operational, financial, regulatory and compliance-related audits/reviews. Candidates should possess internal controls, systems, processes, and financial reporting knowledge. Position is based out of Irvine, CA - Ingram Micro’s Corporate Headquarters.
Key Job Functions:
- Execute and report on financial and operational audits of various organizational and functional activities, including Sarbanes-Oxley, commensurate with a large global company.
- Effectively communicate with external auditors including coordination if required.
- Quick to learn and has the ability to adjust the audit approach, if necessary.
- Understand complex subjects when required to support audits (e.g. continuous monitoring techniques, cloud computing, market risk, financial standards and US GAAP).
- Prepares audit plans and understands the specific issues to be evaluated.
- Reports audit results to management and makes recommendations for implementing controls where appropriate.
- May facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits.
- High performance oriented, fast learner, agile and resourceful.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to perform effectively with limited supervision.
- Developed decision making and problem-solving skills especially in situations where there is ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Acts as a Team Player - Collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organization while maintaining independence.
- Results Oriented – Meet deadlines and budgets, multi-task, and deliver quality results.
- Ability to identify and assess financial and operational risks resulting in the development of an effective audit program.
- Strong presentation and negotiation communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset - Focuses on the customer by understanding the business from the customer’s perspective.
- Ability to use data analytic tools or manage large data levels and develop an analytical approach to assess results.
- Bachelors’ degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience.
- Seasoned professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with limited supervision and manages projects/processes.
- Ability to face difficult and often complex issues.
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters.
- Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or international equivalent is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP and internal control knowledge.
- Ability to travel up to 25% in a calendar year.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) is required.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.