Cloud IT System Administrator
Job ID: 42357
Are you excited about the potential for Cloud to help businesses be more productive? Do you have a passion for technology and continued thirst to grow and learn? Join our dynamic, global team and change how businesses operate.
Ingram Micro Cloud, a business unit of Ingram Micro, powers the world’s largest cloud marketplace, and is committed to helping our partners accelerate their digital business success by leveraging our hyperscale platform technology, infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions from the biggest innovators in the tech industry, and go-to-market support and resources to increase adoption and growth. With proven proficiency in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security, and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in an increasingly digital economy. We are a master cloud service provider (mCSP), empowering organizations to configure, provision and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
We are looking for a Cloud IT Systems Administrator to help join our global IT team. You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to not only provide technical support and hardware/software maintenance to our exiisting technology ecosystem, but to drive and transform our IT team through scripting, automation and emerging technologies.
Who You are
- An experienced IT professional with excellent customer service and communication skills including a good level of English
- A fast and constant learner, a lover of technology who can not only support our current IT toolset but improve on it with qualified and data driven solutions
- An optimizer - someone does not accept status quo, someone who constantly looks to leverage technology to improve existing day to day activities
- A strong communicator with solid written and verbal skills, someone who recognizes the benefits of strong documentation.
What You'll Do
- Support internal employees either remotely or on-site. Work with customers to understand and resolve their need.
- Install, configure, upgrade and provisioning employees with hardware, software and access based on roles and needs.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for automation by leveraging either scripting (powershell) or no-code (Logic App/Zapier) technologies
- Diagnose hardware, network and software problems, and replace defective components to maintain proper functioning
- Asset management and tracking of all hardware and software
- Maintains optimal system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Contribute to ongoing duties and projects, investigate, analyze, propose and implement new and emerging technologies that will further enable our employees
What You'll bring
- 3 to 5 years, experience with Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- 1-3 years’ hands-on experience with Windows Active Directory and AD infrastructure
- 1-2 years experience with MacOS System Adminstration
- 1-2 years experience with Powershell scripting or automation tools such as Azure Logic App, Azure Functions or Zapier would be beneficial
- Experience to perform periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities.
- Experience working with computer hardware, software, and local area networks
- Experience working with Windows 8, 10, Mac OS, SCCM, Office 365, ADFS
- Knowledge of Domains, gateways, routers, switches,
- Knowledge of the ITSM and ITIL is a plus