Tier 2 Desktop Support Technician (1st Shift)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 42439
WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Life cycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Site Support will provide 2nd level support to end users or processes that cannot be resolved by 1st level support (Client Services Desk) and enable Moves, Adds and Changes to the environment. They will maintain operating efficiency by working with end users of IS solutions and provide support service aligned to defined service level agreements (SLA) and to ITIL standards.
- Position responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of all IS solutions at supported office, facility, as well as, remote users.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have working knowledge of basic, intermediate, and advanced desktop/PC, server and network troubleshooting.
- Must be able to analyze computer issues and quickly develop the best course of action.
- Must also have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows 7 & 10, Server 2008/2012 and knowledge of networking with hands-on experience.
- Will also be expected to assist remotely to support other facilities within the US and Internationally. IS solutions supported include (but not limited to) network appliances, wireless devices, telephony equipment and integration, mobile devices, radio frequency guns, desktop hardware, software, printers, and related peripherals.
- The Site Support Technician will provide level 1 and level 2 support to end users and enable Moves, Adds and Changes to the environment.
- Will maintain operating efficiency by working with end users and provide support service as needed.
- Responsible for the facility's IT needs.
- Minimum High School Diploma; prefer Associate Degree Comp TIA A+ certification preferred.
- Ability/knowledge to talk to customers at multiple levels/all areas of the business to formulate business integration plans.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in local language onsite
- Working understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and administration with similar technologies.
- Working hands-on troubleshooting knowledge of desktop support and desktop operating systems and Windows servers.
- Working hands-on troubleshooting knowledge of LAN design, implementation, and administration.
- Working understanding of VoIP.
- Conceptual understanding of design, implementation and administration of current communication technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, O365.
- Troubleshooting of Laserjet/Thermal (Zebra) Printers and Zebra/Motorola RF guns.
- Perform basic asset/inventory management.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.