Supply Chain Project Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Louisville, KY, United States
Job ID: 41015
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates.
Responsible for moderate complexity projects involving multiple functions, systems or sites within the Supply Chain & Distribution division by ensuring the proper execution of all activities and tasks associated with each project. To successfully lead each project, the Project Manager provides overall leadership, direction, guidance, and oversight to cross-functional team leads assigned to the projects. Additionally, the Project Manager’s focus is to lead the team by removing barriers and guiding team members through problem solving activities to keep the project on track.
Education and Experience:
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising, planning, and managing highly complex, high profile projects consisting of a large number of deliverables, complex dependencies, and will collaborate with senior business leaders to meet project deliverables.
- Manages entire lifecycle of the project from project inception to project closure. Tasks include, but are not limited to: project scope documentation, meeting management, documentation, process workflows, work plans, reports, etc.
- Demonstrates expertise with preparation of detailed project plans, including activity definition, task sequencing, resources requirements, and duration estimates.
- Will work closely with key stakeholders, including senior level executive sponsors, partners and vendors, to define project scope and ensure timely delivery of all project components.
- Participates in the development, implementation and assessment of project “health-checks” and “’Go-Live’ readiness”.
- Assumes the lead in risk management meetings working with project leads and project teams to identify potential risks and recommend solutions to stabilize project prior to a business-impacting event occurring.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating progress, collaborating with key stakeholders to publish status reports, and managing and reporting on open risks and action items.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication; interpersonal, organizational and team building skills; business judgment; and proven expertise in directing the efforts of the project staff and internal and external customers.
- Participate in projects or business audits to assess and promote the use of better practices, processes and tools driving change throughout the organization.
- Assumes an active role in the design, development and delivery of formal and informal training/coaching resources performing project management on standard project management methodology and other skills required to successfully manage a project.
- Formal training in project management with 5+ years hands-on experience managing projects of various size and complexities, or 5+ years of supply chain operational experience and1-2 years of coordinating supply chain solution architecture and implementation.
- Experienced with process mapping, analysis, and re-engineering concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated in ability to communicate on all levels; position requires regular interface with project resources, team leads and senior management team members as well as vendors and customers to effectively communicate PMO-related activities as well as project-related activities, progress and risks.
- Demonstrated ability with planning, organizing and multi-tasking to ensure efficient handling of the many tasks associated with a project.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software - Word, Visio, Excel, Microsoft Project, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Ability to conduct project reviews, assess and evaluate project performance and provide constructive feedback while sustaining excellent working relationships
- Highly influential leadership style while interacting with direct and non-direct reports.
- Ability to multi-task and manage in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to thrive in a team working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with project management concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Knowledgeable of Change Management tools, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Process Design.
- Experience in effectively managing within a matrix organization.
- May travel up to 50% (varies per project)
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.