Associate Cyber Security SOC
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Job ID: 42415
The focus of the Associate Cyber Security SOC is to monitor and respond to security events from security systems. To execute this, you will need to have an exposure and understanding of security technologies. Ingram Micro is a fast-paced environment, so to be successful you will need to be pro-active individual, take direction well, communicate succinctly, and collaborate effectively.
- Perform triage of incoming issues (asses the priority and determine risk).
- Validate suspicious events and escalate as needed alerts that require analysis.
- Triage and investigate security events.
- Incident intake, ticket updates and reporting of cyber events.
- Act as the first line of defense while detecting and identifying the occurrences of cybersecurity events.
- Investigate security notifications.
- Analyze detected events to understand attack targets and methods.
- Processing DNS change requests to our registrar.
- Tune and implement configuration changes to security controls as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor/s degree in I.T., Engineering , Cyber Security or related science and math discipline with an information emphasis or equivalent experience
- EngIish Proficiency is a must.
- One or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed Security Service (MSS), or enterprise network environment
- Answer incoming calls and monitor various email accounts and act according to SOC procedures and process
- Proactively identify and remediate threats occurring in the environment
- Participate in the day-to-day security operations monitoring and response from the Security Operations Center.
- Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and ask probing questions to find the root cause or a problem
- Willing to work in shift schedule.
- Queue management of security events
- Demonstrate use and understanding of security technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) & Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and the security tools
- Familiarity with SANS top 20 critical security controls
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK
- Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools.
- This position requites availability to work different shifts
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Security
- CompTIA Security +
- GSEC or other Security Certifications.
* Lindora, Santa Ana