Manager, Information Security SOC
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Job ID: 42414
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager plays a key role within the Ingram Micro Security Team. The SOC Manager will be responsible for leading the SOC team through strategic, technical, and operational challenges, bringing together a diverse group of analysts and other various security stakeholders. The SOC Manager will use their strong technical leadership and knowledge of people, operations, systems, crisis/incident management, and business to help define a plan for the hub of security. The SOC Manager will drive technical solutions for the Security Operations Center that are thoughtful, innovative, and contribute to keeping Ingram Micro’s information systems secure.
- Assist with building and developing a best-in-class internal Security Operations Center
- Collaborate with a talented global group of analysts and engineers
- Be a source of technical knowledge and inspiration for team members
- Create programs and processes that scale and balance near-term goals and long-term strategy
- Manage a team of analysts responsible for detection and response
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure technical solutions, workflows, and processes for the SOC are thoughtful and innovative
- Manage and handle situations of a stressful or sensitive nature, while maintaining Ingram Micro’s confidentiality and information security practices
- Ensure staffing levels meet operational needs and analysts are trained appropriately for their roles
- Promote a culture that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce
- Partner with the other internal information security groups to support all aspects related to company projects, programs, services, and system related goals
- Join forces with internal Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) during investigations
- This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Security Operations Center
Education and Experience
- A bachelor/s degree in I.T., Engineering, Cyber Security or related science and math discipline with an information emphasis.
- EngIish Proficiency is a must (fluent in reading, writing and speaking).
- Integrity and professionalism
- Seven or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience in crisis and incident response, focusing on the ability to maintain a calm and efficient response in high-pressure settings
- Creative self-starter who possesses excellent project management and leadership skills
- Ability to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Familiarity with cyber security frameworks such as NIST CSF
- Knowledgeable on adversary tactics and techniques.
- A positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- This position requires availability to work different shifts.
- Security +
Two or more related certifications preferred.