Import Compliance Analyst
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 42384
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
What you bring to the role:
This position requires ability to support Import Operations on tasks related to customs clearance and coordination with multiple stakeholders within the business and supply chain to ensure timely and accurate clearance of product, validating accuracy of import documentation, and auditing. Additional responsibilities include support and the administration of Ingram’s C-TPAT Supply Chain Security program.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Examine invoices and documents and ensures compliance with U.S. Customs Regulations
- Interface with internal and external customers, freight forwarders, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment delivery
- Provide assistance on classification and determination of import requirements of commodities
- Support compiling data for metrics reporting
- Evaluate, analyze and address requests, urgent orders and issues, escalating to management as required.
- Report and assist in the immediate troubleshooting of any processing delays, errors, or exceptions that occur
- Continuously monitor and provide a timely response to email requests
- Provide support and conduct compliance audits as determined by management
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within functional assignments
- Compliance project support as determined by management
- Provide administrative support for the department
Administration of CTPAT and ODC programs
- Manage the annual data gathering, review, and analysis of questionnaires to vendors.
- Perform annual audit of vendors requesting and reviewing documents related to vendor security.
- Identify discrepancies and/or high-risk vendors and report findings to manager.
- Gather data from multiple sources and generate a country risk assessment in regard to human trafficking, corruption and local economics. Generate an annual formal risk assessment.
- Maintain data on ODC responses from vendors and report information as required to Corporate Tax.
Reporting, Performance Metrics and Analysis
- Generate, maintain and manage reports designed to provide analytical support to specified users
- Run daily reporting, maintain trend files for compliance KPIs and performance metrics
- Run reporting in U.S. Customs Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) system
- Administrative support for regulatory reporting requirements
- Maintain and publish audit metrics
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested and produce information utilizing MS Excel functions, such as Vlookup, Pivot Tables, etc., to provide required output.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years equiv. experience
- 1-3 years experience with import and customs processes preferred
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Intermediate level of proficiency of the MS office Suite, with strength in MS Excel functions
- Detail oriented with the demonstrated organizational skills to multi-task while not sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to take the initiative to bring assigned tasks to a successful completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Occasional extended work hours may be required.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.