Sr. Analyst Global Portfolio Management
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 42627
Ingram Micro Cloud is driving a paradigm shift in the adoption of cloud technology with small and medium-sized businesses through the breadth of our channel partners. The Global Portfolio Management team is responsible for developing a go-to-market strategy for global strategic vendor business. The position will conduct both quantitative and qualitative analysis to assist to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
This individual will have a significant responsibility to manage complex projects including developing profitability analysis, dashboards, and briefings to executives. Such activities will require solid analytical skills and exceptional interpersonal traits.
Specifically, this role requires superior problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills. The position engages closely with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders and will be a thought partner with key executive staff
Roles & Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze sales data from various solutions and data sources to obtain insights into solution performance and trends across the strategic portfolio.
- Build a model to analyze the current profitability of the business across regions and products and share data insights and recommendation to increase the profitability of the business
- Build analysis, data visualizations, and multi-functional reporting that provides critical support to the decision-making of the organization
- Develop new KPI reporting that provides necessary data to enable senior management to drive short-term business decisions and determine long-term strategic direction.
- Work to effectively turn business questions into data analysis, provide meaningful recommendations, and create visual displays of quantitative information
- Develop and foster positive relationships and transparent dialogue with the business community and data colleagues
- Provide analytics expertise to key business partners regarding data & analytics questions
- Create complex financial models for improved forecasts and annual budgets. This will require developing robust analytical frameworks and the ability to effectively collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to gather inputs and build reporting processes
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Business, etc.
- 5+ years of analytical experience
- Expert SQL skills for complex querying, analysis, performance optimization, and persisting data
- Excellent data visualization skills with tools like Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, ThoughtSpot, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively in a fast-moving environment, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- 5+ years of experience in analyst, finance, or strategic planning roles with equivalent scope
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise technology, including cloud computing and related concepts
- Experience in working for a company with a subscription-based business model
- Database query experience (e.g. SQL, Python)
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with the management team.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, FP&A and/or project management, consulting experience.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to conduct detailed quantitative analysis, use it to derive useful business insight, and apply that insight to drive program development and make appropriate recommendations to colleagues
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills. The ability to effectively influence stakeholders/project teams and to be well-skilled in both oral and written communication is required.
- Must possess strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the "Big Picture" within a complex, multi-faceted organization.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding.
- Organizational skills: Ability to work with the vast array of information gathered and organize the details to easily consumable way to all key stakeholders.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Strong cloud computing and related concepts knowledge is a plus