Sr. Manager, Network Services
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 42296
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
Exciting opportunity to manage a passionate global network engineering team, delivering world class service. This position will lead a team of network engineers - designing, implementing and supporting the operations of Ingram Micro’s global network with over 250 connected locations in 59 countries, 5 global datacenters, public cloud IaaS and 1000’s of network devices in a complex environment that is critical to daily business operations.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team, setting strategy and analyzing new technologies and building business cases for adoption.
- Act as a last point of escalation for all network issues, providing structured troubleshooting to complex issues that are impacting the business.
- Manage incidents and requests within established service level agreements.
- Create and maintain support documentation as required and operationalize the environments to hand off to the operations team for day-to-day support.
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery planning for the network environment to minimize work disruption.
- Identify opportunities and drive engineering and service improvements, simplifying and consolidating architecture wherever possible.
- Ensure asset management and asset inventory are kept up to date and work with the ITIL teams to ensure value from the processes that the team participates in.
- Plan and execute preventative maintenance and lifecycle management to ensure systems are appropriately managed and secure.
- Identify new opportunities and technologies and be able to take them through idea, business case, proposal, planning, execution and operationalization.
- Work closely with other infrastructure, application and business teams to understand their requirements and translate those into technical delivery, strong relationship skills are essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with our teams, leaders, customers, stakeholders, vendors, and other teams, solving complex problems together.
- Build strong relationships with our partners and ensure they are held accountable for delivery and supporting Ingram Micro’s needs effectively.
- Collaborate with other regional IS departments in order to ensure specific project alignment to infrastructure strategy and roadmaps, while providing team oversight in ensuring timely delivery of these aspects as well as provide mentoring direction to members of team.
- We are looking for someone that is an experienced network leader with solid network technical experience.
- Is energetic, confident, self-starting who can work independently and across diverse teams to deliver results, efficiently and in a sustainable fashion.
- This is a fast-paced environment driven by both technology and business. You should be someone who thrives on challenges and controlling complex environments.
- Insatiably curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to contribute ideas. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut, using an engineering mindset based on factual analysis.
- You show good logical troubleshooting processes and can quickly identify where issues exist even if they may not be in your area of responsibility.
- Proven record to be a quick leaner – can learn technology and solution quickly.
- You enjoy working on new technologies, working with and developing strong teams and mentoring others, you see the team’s success as your success and the team’s failure as your failure.
- You are a leader that is well respected by your peers and subordinates alike.
- The successful candidate will have strong networking, architectural and technical background, global network team management experience, project management experience, good organization skills, be able to communicate well and build strong partnerships with vendors, technical teams and business.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required.
- 10+ Years’ experience in large enterprise network environments with 3 – 5 years in a network management role.
- 10+ years of experience managing Cisco networking technologies in both LAN and WAN environments.
- Proven track record of managing and developing engineers in an on/off-shore delivery model and delivering in complex environments.
- Experience working in ITIL Framework.
- Experience managing Datacenter technologies such as Cisco Nexus switches, routers, firewalls (Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco), WAN optimization, load balancers (F5), and other network devices.
- Experience with Cloud, Virtual and On-Prem devices.
- Experience managing complex routing environments using BGP and EIGRP.
- Experience managing security technologies such as next-gen firewalls, DLP, IDS/IPS and UTM devices.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues from beginning to end in complex environments.
- Experience in implementing support processes including documenting and enforcing these processes to operationalize environments.
- Experience implementing automation techniques and scripting.
- Cisco certification in multiple disciplines - CCNP required, CCIE preferred.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification – preferred
*This position is in Irvine, CA and will require domestic and global travel a few times a year.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.