This job posting is no longer active.
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 42593
Job Title: AV & Video Collaboration Engineer
Location: Irvine, Ca
This position reports to: Manager - Unified Communication & Collaboration
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future What you get to do in this role:
This individual will assist the Unified Communications & Collaboration team in supporting, evaluating, and implementing Ingram Micro’s video collaboration environment as well as supporting meetings and events.
• Setup and support internal events and meetings
• Collaborate with other members of the network, voice, and video teams to deliver, enhance and support the global video collaboration environment.
• Maintain technology readiness in all conference rooms in Irvine.
• Consult with various business units regarding their video collaboration needs and provide ideas and solutions that further enhance the collaboration culture.
• Help contribute to standard operating procedures and diagrams for the video ecosystem.
• Help establish system administration standards and procedures as it relates to any new deployment or changes to existing infrastructure.
• Through ServiceNow, manage collaboration, audio-visual and video incidents.
• Coordinate vendor escalations by acting as a bridge between the vendor’s engineering resources and Ingram Micro.
• Contribute to workflow across change requests, documentation, ticketing, design sessions and meeting participation.
• Asset lifecycle management.
• Drive the adoption of video conferencing services and endpoints.
• Work in an ITIL V3 environment. Applicants should be familiar with the principles of Incident, Problem and Change management although certification is not necessary.
• Train end users and administrators on Video platform usage and administration.
• Provide local and remote collaboration support; work with remote IT support to resolve issues.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• At least 5 years in a video conferencing role including meeting and event support
• Experience with video collaboration services and technologies from vendors such as: Polycom, Cisco, Skype/Teams, Crestron, AMX, WebEx. Zoom, etc.
• Experience with Cisco Telepresence endpoints and UC infrastructure (TMS, Expressway, CUCM, Conductor and TPS blades)
• Proven technical integration experience within multi-vendor conferencing environments including Teams, WebEx. Zoom and other cloud and vendor technologies
• Able to work independently, while at the same time demonstrating a collaborative and teamwork style.
• Ability to conduct short-and long-term planning to meet current and future collaborative requirements.
• Ability to work with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior management, vendors, technical staff and end users and effectively articulate and present ideas.
• Great interpersonal skills and passion to build relationships within and across teams. A positive team player with excellent communication skills
• Experience with WebEx administration and other web/audio collaboration platforms and services • Strong infrastructure implementation and project deployment experience.
• Understanding of network infrastructure running VoIP, QoS, SIP, H323, video conferencing and video streaming.
• Some knowledge of Cisco Routers, switches and IP Telephony product including Communications Manager and other UC products.
• Experience in supporting system migrations.
• Working knowledge of A/V concepts around audio and video signal types, routing, and cabling.
• Experience with AMX and Crestron AV Control systems
• Excellent communication and writing skills, the ability to work with team members at all levels and strong customer support.
• A great attitude with a hunger to learn and apply new skills.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.