Mgr, Human Resources
Jonestown, PA, United States
Job ID: 42716
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates
As a Manager of Human Resources, you will lead our Jonestown and Harrisburg HR team and partner with the local operations leaders to deliver high quality support and advice to approximately 700 associates. Additionally, you will be an integral part of our North American and Global HR teams! Reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
This Position will support our vision and strategic direction to cultivate our world-class distribution facilities, acting as a change agent to continually develop the culture and support our vision.
In this exciting leadership role, you will be responsible for ensuring on-site human capital requirements are met including: the sustainability of a reliable and competent workforce and labor crewing that delivers improvements in productivity.
This position will provide guidance across industrial and employment law, recruitment, induction, performance management, change management and engagement initiatives.
1. Strategic Mindset
2. Develops Talent & Balances Stakeholders
3. Financial and Data Acumen
4. Instills Trust
Location : This role is located at our distribution center in Jonestown, PA. Occasional travel, as needed.
Direct Reports: 3-4
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management
- Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
- Advise managers on salary offers and equity increases
- Coordinate workers compensation program, includes issues relating to modified duty/early return to work, ADA and litigation
- Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire and transfer processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, job offer recommendations and offer letters, write announcements, and act as liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Consult with appropriate legal counsel as needed.
- Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution
- Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans.
Training & Development:
- Provide counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement. Provide and track compliance of required training including conducting New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation, Harassment Awareness and other related compliance training, leadership and management courses, etc. as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
- Partner with internal Compliance team to participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP.
- Monitor and provide feedback regarding the use of policies and procedures and propose / draft policies / updates as needed.
- Strong communications skills: interpersonal, oral and written
- Strong change management skills, leadership development skills
- Must be able to work with all levels of associates and management within the organization
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- A minimum of 7 years as a Human Resources Manager.
- A minimum of 3 years of people management experience, having direct reports and conducting performance reviews.
- Experience in Federal and State employment laws, OFCCP, EEO, AA, FMLA, ADAA, and Employee Relations Investigations.
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data and make data driven decisions
- Human Resource experience should include experience in recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, leadership development, and associate communications.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and etc.
- Experience with HRIS systems- we currently use Workday and Kronos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management or comparable discipline, or related field experience preferred.
- Experience with HR systems Workday and KRONOS preferred.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
#humanresourcemanagement #performancemanagement #successionplanning #supplychainhr #talentmanagement #talentdevelopment #hrdataanalytics