*Technical Support Specialist (Training Provided ! Fun team! )
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 42757
Technical Support Specialist
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
About this team:
Solution Design and Services (SD&S) is the technical arm of Ingram Micro. We are the first line of sales and the first ones called (internal or external) when something gets too complex.
About this role:
This role is focused on server/storage on our “Configuration” team.
Typically, the agent will be taking inbound phone calls, communicating with our reseller partners, answering questions, understanding business needs, and quoting products based on the aforementioned information gathered.
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical aptitude
- Hands-on customer support experience within a field of technology is preferred
- Answering customer calls and/or emails on assigned product categories or lines within defined service levels
- Providing excellent customer service while developing full solutions for customer
- Developing product knowledge and skills for creating appropriate solutions and customer service/selling skills
- Demonstrating the importance of getting the sale related to the value created
- Acting as a vendor Advocate or Champion
- Demonstrating time management skills
What you bring to the role:
- High school education required
- Technical certifications and /or AAS degree in computer-related studies preferred
- One year (minimum) related experience in the following:
- Network technician
- Technical Sales
- Customer service
- Basic knowledge of hardware and/or software
- Skills in: keyboarding, MS Office Suite (Word & Excel), basic sales skills, time management; good communication skills (written & verbal) excellent listening skills
- Ability to: learn complex proprietary systems; to work as a team member or independently, to relay/share information accurately
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
What this position offers you:
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- A starting annual compensation of $18 per hour which can increase with relevant experience – Let’s talk
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!!!
- In-Office hybrid option
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick day