Engineer, Software Development (VueJS/Responsive UI)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 42871
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Web Developer (Engineer, Software Dev.)
This role is for testing, developing and implementing new as well as maintaining existing web development projects
that are supported and managed by the Global Business Services center. This role requires excellent problem solving skills and capability to articulate and communicate the status of projects and technical aspects of the work to a non-technical audience.What you bring to the role: Application Development
- Continue the Front-end team design by implementing database connection and business logics.
- Database creation and connection.
- Test Driven Development needs to be observed
- Knowledgeable on other framework and language support, focusing on Web Application using PHP Framework Laravel or Python Django.
Maintenance & Support
- Create a unit tests on possible candidates and observe Test Driven Development
- Fix all bugs found during the testing.
- Make sure QA Team tested all codes before deployment.
Project Manage Technical Lifecycle
- Support the debug, maintenance and enhancement requests on existing web apps.
- Develop code that addresses issues and/or upgrade the functionalities of the app.
- Database tables must be normalized
- Ask for a sign-off once fully transitioned for both stakeholders and maintenance.
- All project changes and request should be properly logged/documented.
- Collaborate with the Front End team regarding the technology to be used. Manage
- Change request and document properly.
- All changes must be documented properly from the database change, design change and logic.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION
- A Bachelor’s degree with an IT emphasis is preferred.
- 2-4 years IT experience is preferred. In Web development with solid exposure using PHP, Laravel Framework or Python Django.
- Detail oriented, able to work effectively under deadlines in changing environment.
- Able to work independently and with a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision making.
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal with strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Highly proficient in ability to write complex logics in any programing languages.
- Being a self-starter and possessing a strong understanding how to develop solutions using all means available.
- Basic knowledge in backend frameworks
INGRAM MICRO ASSOCIATE (INTERNAL) CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- ICO Application Signed off by Immediate Manager and Department Head, deadline of submission April 20, 2021
- Meeting ICO Standard Qualifications (Tenure in current role, PPD, No outstanding disciplinary actions).
- Attended DNA/RPA Bootcamp
- Technical Skill Proficiency will be assessed and determined upon assessment with the DNA team.