Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The DNA Application L1 Support (Assoc. Professional, Business Systems) role is responsible for eliciting, validating and documenting requirements for development of digitalization and automation solutions (apps, bots, macros, BPMS, etc.).
This includes process immersion and audits, process documentation, gap analysis, communication with project stakeholders, UAT support, status reporting, risk management, escalation of project issues that cannot be resolved in the team, and general project support to ensure projects are delivered in budget, on schedule, and within scope.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT
- Gather, validate, clarify and document requirements.
- Prioritize requirements into functional areas.
- Analyze, map AS-IS and create TO-BE user processes in detail, describing involved systems and files.
- Manage and own requirements to understand the change process and traceability.
- Evaluate, identify, frame and structure underlying needs from explicit user requests.
- Abstract from particular issues to a more general understanding. Investigate facts and additional information, aggregate, enhance and prioritize requirements.
- Reconcile conflicting requirements, break down high-level information into constituent details.
- Identify all relevant process exceptions and potential risks/challenges related to the implementation and arrive at the best possible solution for the client.
- Thoroughly evaluate operating environment, document keystroke level detail, identify and document exceptions and document escalation instances and processes.
- Obtain sign-offs on BRDs and specifications. Facilitate work estimation and sizing for requirements
End Results: 80% of identified/evaluated business requirements are documented within SLA
- Serves as liaison between Project Teams and Business Owners to ensure that all targets are met.
- Participate in on-going project review meetings.
- Ensure that tasks remain on schedule and within budget.
- Focus on operational excellence, execution, and prioritizes tasks effectively.
- Monitor tasks deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members.
- Identify and escalate gaps and ensure gaps are rectified in compliance with requirements.
- Remain aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate any risks.
- Disseminate information on any problems or potential delays and escalates issues to management attention.
- Prepare reports of project progress, known issues and daily activities against the project plan or schedule.
End Results: 90% of project risks are addressed proactively
SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT AND IS TEAMS
- Support solution deployment. Provide support to customers, developers and other analysts.
- Coordinate the installation of new releases and patches in cooperation with GIS.
- Validate POC and beta versions with stakeholder groups. Work with the business units and configure the solutions.
- Basic robot monitoring and auditing.
- Record and playback actions, read system logs and in general control the agreed performance of the bots.
- Deliver input for Delivery and Test Teams and represent the Business Owners throughout the development process.
- Be proactive in ensuring that Delivery and Test Teams understand the requirements by initiating clarification sessions where needed.
End Results: 95% of correctly documented and approved requirements
LEAD UAT & DEVELOP TRAININGS
- Ensures requirements are operational exactly as documented.
- Register, solve and coordinate issues and tickets filed by the users.
- Develop test scenarios based on approved documentation to ensure comprehensive suite of functionality is tested.
- Review test plans and test scripts to guarantee quality and coverage of testing.
- Participate in IS testing for assigned area. Plan and leads UAT logistics.
- Escalate gaps and ensure they are rectified in compliance with requirements.
End Results: 90% of requirements/approved projects are tested; 5% of bugs discovered after UAT phase is resolved
- Make special effort to respond to coworkers and clients in a timely and helpful manner.
- Support Business Analysts.
- Keep appropriate people informed of project progress and status.
- Participate in status meetings and conference calls as required.
- Track issues and action items to closure as appropriate.
- Take meeting minutes when assigned.
- Create custom reports and communicate status to key stakeholders.
End Results: 70% customer satisfaction score/Stakeholder NPS
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Regular Day to day activities
- Gathering and documentation of information
- Discussions with stakeholders
Decisions which require approval/discussion with manager:
- Implementation of action plans and improvement ideas
- Presentations to stakeholders
- Anything which might impact production
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
EXTERNAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION
- A./B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or in a related field
- Minimum 1 year functional experience in Production Support: Technical Analysis & Resolution Management
- Ability to make strong contribution to processes and systems design & deployment.
- Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Previous experience as Production Support/Technical Consultant for Enterprise Applications
Experience in IT Service Management
Knowledge in Data Management & Integration – SQL; AWS
Good knowledge and understanding of business, technological and competitive trends.
General understanding of technical, cost, risk and business implications of potential decisions on other projects and client needs and incorporates these into recommendations
INGRAM MICRO ASSOCIATE (INTERNAL) CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- ICO Application Signed off by Immediate Manager and Department Head
- Meeting ICO Standard Qualifications (Tenure in current role, PPD, No outstanding disciplinary actions).
- Attended DNA/RPA Bootcamp
- Technical Skill Proficiency will be assessed and determined upon assessment with the DNA team.