Harrisburg, PA, United States
Job ID: 41427
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $49 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates.
Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package
DID YOU KNOW?
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- Ingram Micro ships 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- We have 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- We have 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
This role is located at our 800,000 sq ft distribution facility in Jonestown, PA. Position Summary:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and conducting independent technical projects for center operations.
- Design, analysis and evaluations requiring engineering concepts, practices and procedures to develop or improve center automated process systems.
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office, and production facilities.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Meets established standards and ensures control of such factors as cost, schedule, risk, quality, safety and equipment utilization.
- Compiles and evaluates test, prepares technical analysis, recommends production methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Conducts analyses of method and time standards.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure all needs are met.
- Performs and evaluates work measurement and workflow analysis for the establishment of standards and the utilization of facilities.
- Develops plant and equipment layout, capacity plans, workflow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities.
- Provides instructions and standardizes practices.
- Evaluates new techniques and technological developments for inclusion in the production process.
- Responsible for design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of systems, experimental, devices and specialized test equipment.
- Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- 3-4 years of experience as an industrial engineer
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.