Import / Export Specialist
Istanbul, 34, Turkey
Job ID: 43076
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology™—helping them maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use. Ingram Micro enables business partners to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve.
We are looking for an Import / Export Specialist to work in our Armada Office to create great solutions for our customers.
The Position’s primary responsibility is to
- Establish detailed analysis of business units/vendor specific shipping characteristics and research improved shipping methods for cost, damage prevention and service
- Collaborate with management to provide reporting and analysis for both supplier and client quarterly business reviews. Dissect and analyze freight data to identify potential areas of opportunity
- Analyze operations, including performance and productivity data, error rates and root causes, as well as capacity constraints
- Assist in multi-mode carrier negotiations and participate in carrier review meetings to identify opportunities for improvement in process, service or cost
- Assess network transportation costs across all markets and provide pricing recommendations and strategies to ensure budget and COGS controls
- Prepare ad hoc reports for transportation, distribution and service as needed
- Coordinate efficiently local importation process & warehouse operations.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree or 3+ years' full time experience in comprehensive supply chain or logistics, importation.
- Knowledge of mail/small parcel processes and warehouse / fulfillment business operations
- Experience in negotiations with logistics service providers, managing of logistics service providers with including request for proposals, quarterly business reviews, operational management, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access); ability to extract system data from ERP utilize Excel/Access to develop information reports; expert-level Excel skills including macros
- Ability to create solutions-based reports to improve operational efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and operate effectively within a team environment
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills