Operations Manager 2nd Shift
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 43004
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $49 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
INGRAM MICRO FUN FACTS:
The Operations Manager will manage our
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
mobility logistics program within a climate controlled facility.
AREA OF FOCUS:
- Leadership Development & Associate Engagement
Strong focus on the development of the next generation of the workforce. Preparing direct reports for the next step in their careers. Ability to drive engagement in an hourly workforce and encouraging them to be champions of our customers as they support each other.
Ingram Micro, Inc. Operations Manager administers and operates the organization's warehouses, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials, and equipment. Accounts for all materials and supplies; audits goods received into warehouse. Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures. Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space. Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment.
Manages a group of supervisory professional(s) and oversees a group of approximately 100 or more hourly warehouse employees with the supervisory staff. Makes day-to-day operational decisions for the group/department.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- 2nd shift Manager is responsible for all aspects of Operations from Receiving to Shipping; this manager will have a 1st shift counterpart to work closely with ensuring all operational, administrative, and compliance functions are being properly executed
- Sets performance goals and objectives for approximately 100 warehouse associates and 3 supervisors to meet or exceed company and customer expectations
- Meet or exceed daily company operational goals specifically with customer service level agreements, cost, quality, safety, inventory accuracy, and employee engagement.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges; resolves problems that are difficult to moderately complex.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues and escalate to appropriate level when required
- Manages, with supervisor(s), warehouse associates’ performance including training, productivity and quality performance, disciplinary coaching and terminations.
- Enforce and follow company policies and procedures including standard operating instructions, customer Receiving and Shipping requirements, and safety.
- Effectively onboard, lead, manage, train, and develop exempt and hourly new hires, full-time, and temporary associates
- Flexibility in work hours to provide supervision for direct and indirect reports/employees. Availability to work on Saturday and Sunday based on business demands and during peak business times.
Job Requirements and Skills:
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing supervisors and hourly warehouse associates in a high volume 3PL environment with same day service level agreements
- Technical leader with experience optimizing processes, WMS functionality, and forecasting labor planning
- This manager must demonstrate leadership, people management, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities, work with cross-functional team members, and make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations and execute the plan
- A four-year college degree (or additional logistics and supply chain experience in a related field)