Technician, Integration Services
Mira Loma, CA, United States
Job ID: 42298
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro’s Integration Solutions Group is looking for a Technician to join their team. The Technician role is a member of our shop floor build team and requires experience with Cisco Rack and Stack. The work is done in a discrete manufacturing facility where we create end user appliances and datacenter solutions.
The schedule for this role is Monday – Friday 7:00AM to 3:30 PM; 100% onsite with no “remote” option
What you will be doing:
- Implements Cisco networking appliances with an understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing concepts, and how they apply to Cisco equipment
- Responsible for wiring networks, installing and configuring routers and switches, and performing basic troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots and repairs computer systems, including small-to-mid-size compute and storage appliances, servers, power supplies, components, and test equipment
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of system assembly and testing, writing specifications, and principles of operation and application of computer hardware and software
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for system and test equipment activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements
- Advises operators and line personnel of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic systems as well as electrostatic sensitive devices and components; participates in the training of other technical-level employees
- Performs platform confidence and extended burin-in tests on computer equipment by launching automated scripting, while monitoring and reporting on system status
- Performs preventative maintenance functions as directed; maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
- System Imaging (using ghost, USB boot, PXE boot, etc.)
- Computer hardware installation/upgrades (e.g., memory, hard drives, and NICs)
- Software and OS conﬁgurations, BIOS conﬁgurations and upgrades
- Asset tagging and asset management
- Communication and escalation with management regarding customer orders
- Unpacking, packing, and kitting of hardware and components
- Independently acquire additional skills to maintain technical competencies
What you bring to the role:
- Must be US Citizen (CFIUS requirement)
- Associates Degree or relevant experience
- Verifiable 3-5 years of Cisco hands-on configuration experience
- Data Center experience preferred
- CCNA certification preferred
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production work environment preferred
- General knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems preferred
- Must be able to lift servers and appliances
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with other employees
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability, high level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Technical knowledge and experience to analyze problems and implement necessary repairs or corrective action
- Software troubleshooting skills desirable but not required
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!!!
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick day
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.