Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Services. With over $60 billion in gross revenue, we are the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 36,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40+ acquisitions and investments since 2012.
We are looking for an experienced professional interested in working in a dynamic team responsible for mergers & acquisitions (M&A), strategy development and execution at a global level for Ingram Micro.
Ingram Micro’s Corporate Development and Strategy team works with executives to evaluate and drive domestic and international growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments, partnerships, divestitures and in developing corporate and divisional strategy.
There is significant focus on exciting growth areas such as cloud computing, ecommerce, value added services, logistics and software.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply and enhance skills in M&A, strategy and finance, while gaining valuable industry and business experience.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Own specific M&A transactions and lead the process including market research, target origination, valuation, financial analysis, and contract negotiation. Work with various constituencies to attain and analyze due diligence data, formulate and present findings to senior management, and ultimately successfully manage the integration
- Strategic: Guide the formulation and development of strategic business initiatives and special projects, typically working directly with senior management and either participating in or leading project teams
- Financial/Quantitative: Develop in-depth financial models to value private & public companies, conduct sensitivity analysis and oversee and advise on the financial due diligence
- Special Projects: Assist with special corporate strategic and financial projects as needed, typically prepared for C-level management. Assist with preparing presentations for the Board of Directors
Education: Undergraduate degree in applicable field (technology, finance, strategy) from a top university. MBA from top university (with 6+ years’ experience post-MBA program) preferred. CFA considered a plus.
- Required: 8-14 years of total experience including management consulting experience and/or M&A transaction experience from corporate development at a Fortune 500 company, investment banking, private equity or venture capital
- Strategic thinker possessing excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to develop specific analysis and action plans
- Confident team leadership skills to oversee and guide project teams and represent the Corporate Development and Strategy team in front of executive management
- Proven track record of running deals from end-to-end, including negotiation and review deal documents, diligence reports and integration plans
- Considered a plus: Project management, experience with applying strategic frameworks, expertise related to Ingram Micro’s businesses (technology, software, cloud, ecommerce & logistics) and international experience
Skills / Technical:
- Excellent financial and quantitative skills, be very comfortable with financial statement analysis
- Perform and review complex modeling, valuation experience using discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, and sum-of-parts
- Ability to source and review information from disparate sources and to distill the information into key takeaways (must be well versed with online research tools)
- Ability to identify fundamental business drivers and risks while translating them into deal structuring parameters
- Preferable industry experience/interest: technology, consumer electronics, and distribution
- Ability to manage a team and drive analysis through to recommendation/decision while managing timelines and expectations
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities across multiple teams and projects
- Essential to have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and research skills, while having the ability to translate analyses into organized strategic recommendations
- Ability to understand findings from a variety of cross-functional business teams while linking the key interdependencies to drive a balanced recommendation
- Strong executive presence with experience presenting to C-Suite/Senior business leaders
- Superior communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
Writing / Presentation skills: Skilled in preparing business plans, presentations, executive summaries and memos to senior management; possess solid communication skills; comfortable and credible in leading detailed presentations in front of C-level management.
Values / Style: Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively within a flat team structure, able to switch between strategy development, M&A and market analysis mindsets, ability to lead internal and external teams, willing to challenge status quo, have a can-do attitude, be proactive and take ownership, be comfortable with change in a fast-paced environment, and possess excellent interpersonal skills with all levels.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.