Principal / Senior Security Consultant (Hong Kong)
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job ID: 42971
Ingram Micro, the largest technology infrastructure and solution distributor in the world. Ingram Micro is now transforming and growing rapidly to be a major cybersecurity and IoT player in the world.
This career offers the candidate various opportunities to grow and excel in the field of cybersecurity with Ingram Micro. To be a team player with a strong and dynamic Ingram Micro Consulting organization. A cybersecurity career that you will gain an extensive experience and expertise with broader cybersecurity domain knowledge and solutions. Unlike niche vendors that limit you to specific products and solutions, the career lifecycle with Ingram Micro will expose you to cybersecurity solutions like Security Operations Centre, Identity Authentication Management, Data Governance, Compliance, Cloud based on our vendors’ technologies (Cisco, Palo Alto Cortex, IBM QRadar & Guardium, Thycotic, Centify, RSA Technologies, and many more).
We are looking for candidate with a strong and positive mindset. Passionate fast technology / solution learner with strong capability to apply the learnings to achieve our customer business outcomes. A candidate with innovative mentality that want to be part of a dynamic team to create and push for growth. Candidate who strives for mutual success, push beyond limits and take pride in creating a life achievement.
The cybersecurity consultant will be responsible for advising clients on best-fit technology, gathering and documenting functional requirements, designing technical architectures and processes, and implementing IBM Security product components.
This role operates in a Technology Distributor environment. The candidate will be expected to have competency to manage multi-internal and external stakeholders in the course of his work and in a matrix organization.
This role will focus on,
- Cybersecurity solution design and implementation (covering requirement gathering, solution configuration and support and operation of the delivered solutions).
- Ability to lead and undertake cybersecurity assessment and advisory programs with customers.
- Lead and manage a consultative selling and delivery approach with customers.
- Be a lead mentor for the cybersecurity consultants, cybersecurity sales and product teams.
- Will participate and contribute to the cybersecurity sales team in solution tenders and proposals.
- Collaborate with the cybersecurity technology incubation team to create solution (delivery and selling) best practice and methodologies.
- Be part of a cybersecurity committee contributing and sharing ideas, best practices, experiences and support to create a strong learning organization.
The right candidate will be rewarded with attractive remuneration in accordance to his/her experience.
The expected duties of this role are as follow:
- To carry out the following activities during implementation and operation:
- Focus on IBM Security related cyber security products such as IBM Qradar or IBM Guardium
- Install and configure cyber security product stacks from IBM Security, or similar vendors
- Generation of quality project documentation (requirement, design, implementation, configuration, user case / play book, and operations)
- To perform and deliver solution demo and proof of concept with customers
- To provide consultative engagement and articulate to customers how the cyber security solutions address their business needs
- To provide presales and architectural support activities such as creation of scope of work details, work efforts estimate, and Statement of Work
- Provide remote and / or onsite troubleshooting of the solution and products
- Conduct knowledge transfer and handover session to operations team
- Develop scripts using Windows PowerShell, APIs and Command lines to integrate different cyber security solutions
- Ability to develop code using at least one programming language such as Java, C#, Python, etc.
- Lead meetings with demanding clients to discover existing business processes, advise on best-fit technologies, gather requirements, and drive to client satisfaction
- Critique developed business processes and use cases, translating them to technical requirements, designing and data mappings
- Work closely with vendor’s engineering and technical help desk to resolve technical issues
- Serve as resident consultant that reside at customer premises as and when required in a project
- To provide solution support and remediation in relation to consulting managed support programs (Optimization & Support Services) with customers
- To provide guidance, management, and resolution to customers on security infrastructure, customization requirement and system integrations
- Lead, undertake and manage security assessment and implementation projects
- Serve as leader and mentor to your peers and junior Consultants. To promote strong adoption of established consulting discipline, best practices, methodologies and processes
- Participate and contribute as a cybersecurity solution advisor to presales activities. To co-lead conversation on cybersecurity solution proposition to customers with Ingram Micro sales team
- Occasional travel within ASEAN & Hong Kong may be required
- Preferably Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information Security or Related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Cyber Security solutions
- At least 3 years of implementation experience in IBM Security products
- Possess at least one IBM Security product knowledge
- Prior experience in one or more of Cyber Security vendors solutions is an advantage
- Knowledge about Project Management, Technical skills, strong presentation skills
- Fluent in English communication and local language
- Certification in PMP, CISA, CISSP or any Vendor’s Security products is an advantage
- Have fair understanding of the cybersecurity concepts and domains
- Reasonable ability to articulate and engage on cybersecurity topics with confidence
- Knowledge around Cyber Security standards and compliance such as ISO 9000, NIST, MITRE ATT&CK and GDPR is an advantage
- Familiar with Microsoft and Linux platform Administration
- Technical experience in Microsoft or Linux hardening will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate capability to learn and pickup other cybersecurity technologies
- Assertive and able to deal with difficult project situation
- Experience in leading the team in delivering project in a tight timeline effectively
- Technical experience in one or more of the Database Administration in Oracle, MS SQL will be an added advantage
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- 70% of the time doing project delivery and 20% of time supporting presales activities