Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 43177
The main function of a Transportation Specialist is to interact with Sales, Account Management, Operations, and Carriers. They will provide information in response to inquiries about shipments and resolve complaints. A typical Transportation specialist is responsible for determining the issues related to the Ingram Micro Supply Chain, offer possible solutions, and providing follow-up as needed. Transportation agents may be inbound, outbound or a combination of both.
- Coordinating with multiple internal/external customers to get orders shipped accurately.
- Refer unresolved issues to designated departments for further investigation.
- Leverage internal databases for order and billing accuracy.
- Develop cross functional relationships with counterparts to effectively reconcile cross company discrepancies.
- Monitor shipment statuses and follow up with carriers and Operations to identify network constraints.
- Resolve issues related to Transportation activities.
- Ensure product is delivered on time to deliver a great customer experience.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Previous customer facing experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as MS Office and data entry systems.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take preventative action.
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of Transportation
- Experience with inbound or outbound shipping
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years customer service related experience required.
Ingram Micro Inc
NY - Buffalo, HQ
Requisition Service Type
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.