Security Tools Administartor
Job ID: 43392
The IS Security Tools Administrator is accountable for the deployment, day to day administration and lifecycle management of the security tool stack safeguarding Ingram Micro critical information and assets from both outside and internal threats. The candidate will ensure operating environments are maintained to optimal performance and meet defined SLAs. Key success criteria in this position: in-depth understanding of global security best practices, good understanding of technologies such as host base AV, next generation firewalls, advance threat protection, intrusion detection/prevention systems, security tools architecture, Windows and Linux administration.
Upgrade your talent by:
- Being responsible in managing and administering our endpoint and network security tools. Ensuring that the tools are in best working condition as well up to date for lifecycle management.
- Updating tools with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present.
- Providing professional recommendation on improving Ingram Micro posture by performing security assessment and finding vulnerabilities or areas of improvement in our security tools.
- Providing technical guidance to the rest of the team.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements and recommending improvements.
- Liaising external DNS change request from our business to our registrar.
- Assisting the IR team to execute incident response process and procedures to remediate threats when applicable.
- Working closely with internal teams (Network, Windows, Linux, Regional IT) to continuously improve our security posture in the environment.
- Tuning and implementing configuration changes to security controls as necessary.
- Staying up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an Information system emphasis or equivalent experience.
- Ability to adapt in a complex environment, love challenges, with the will and drive to learn new things on your own.
- 4 + years of experience in related field with at least 2 years in enterprise security. Good understanding of cloud security (Azure, 0365, AWS, GCP etc.) is desirable.
- Endpoint Security Management (Administration, Deployment, Operations) for security tools.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) management experience is a plus.
- Hands on experience of NextGen Firewalls administration and best practice.
- Deep technical knowledge in IT technologies, operating systems, networking, database and global business experience.
- Deep understanding of security risks and threats as they relate to the company’s operating environments.
- Previous exposure to creating technical documentation for security tools and procedures.
- Strong enterprise security understanding.
- Understanding of ITIL and its practical application.
- Demonstrated competency in managing third party providers in IS operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external partners on all levels to resolve technical and business level discussions on security matters and provide solutions in a timely manner.