Lean Leader II, Sr. Professional Process
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Job ID: 43398
Ingram Micro Inc., a Fortune 100 company, is the world’s largest technology distributor and a leading technology sales, marketing, and logistics company for the IT industry worldwide. As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics services, technical support, financial services, and product aggregation and distribution.
Lean Leader II, Sr. Professional Process
The Lean Leader II is responsible for delivering on tactical level lean projects aligned with the Operational Excellence and General Continuous Improvement activities to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost Objectives using lean tools, techniques, and methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with business leaders to identify and prioritize opportunities to create positive bottom-line growth.
- Engages at a higher capacity, influences, and executes the strategy and vision of the business unit.
- Engages, negotiates, resolves conflict, and builds strong consultative relationships and strategic partnerships with senior leaders to facilitate change.
- Coordinates the development and communicates with client organizations to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Drive continuously improving results by leveraging Lean principles, practices and tools, consulting skills, and change management processes.
- Promote and facilitate associate development in various Lean tools, lean operations, and kaizen leadership.
- Ensure productive kaizen events through leading and coaching teams.
- Implement operational balanced scorecard (safety, quality, delivery, and productivity) metrics for the scope of the designated operation.
- Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business and provide subject matter expertise on appropriate tools to eliminate them.
- Implement the capability building plan through various training and mentoring efforts for both LEAN Six Sigma and leadership development in Continuous Improvement.
- Lead participates and/or facilitates Kaizens, LEAN workshops, Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs), Just Do It's (JDI's), Illuminate Think Shops, High-Velocity Learning (HVL), 5S events as required, as well as support for Departmental process improvement data gathering and surveys.
- Select/apply appropriate CI tools to improve line capacity, line efficiency, process reliability, mean time between failure, and other key measures.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and the DMAIC process to complete projects with annual savings and provide technical expertise to support the root cause analysis process.
- Actively participate in the Lean Leader global community to benchmark and incorporate best practices.
- This role will generate a significant multiple of invested cost in terms of value creation (expected 5-8x) Uses professional expertise to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations and data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Works independently and shows initiative in seeking answers to questions
- A Bachelor's Degree in either Supply chain management, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a relevant area is required
- 5+ years of lean application and technique methods with proven results
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification or better through ASQ or equivalent certification
- 5+ years experience working in warehouse distribution and Intimate knowledge of related Distribution Center operations best business practices
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with process improvement tools (TPS, Lean, Six Sigma, VSM, etc.)
- Experience leading Kaizen events with evidence of significant savings and benefits
- MS Office Suite with strong MS Excel skills, MS Access, and Visio. Advanced skills in Excel, SQL, or other analytical tools for data mining and analysis
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as basic probability and statistics, geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Engineering.
- Strong proficiency in Work Measurements.
- Strong financial and analytical ability.
- Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum output and results.
- Proven track record of successful change management and accomplishments implementing productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a fast work environment that has the potential to change due to regulatory and business needs
- Ability to work with leaders across the enterprise to bring about positive behavioral change.
- Plan and organize projects that cross-department/division lines and lead those projects to a successful conclusion.
- Approximately 20% travel (once we are in a position to travel again and bans/restrictions are lifted)
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.