Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
- Lead a large applications development and production support team across multiple countries including managers and supervisors, providing leadership to our in-house and very large supply chain system.
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our engineering organization
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with product management, architecture, and design
- Guide development managers, team leaders and software development professionals to build, enhance and maintain supply chain systems.
- Provide oversight to medium to large application development projects, enhancements, and implementations.
- Provide technical leadership for building complex architecture, design, and integration
- Collaborate with other IT departments to ensure alignment with project and technical strategy and roadmaps
- Ensure that application functionality meets complex business requirements
- Perform risk analysis and mitigation
- Provide input in defining operation plans and strategies.
- Provide input into strategic decisions that may impact functional/technical areas.
- Work toward objectives established for the team.
- Recommend and implement departmental specific procedures.
- Use interpersonal skills to influence customers, teams, vendors, and peer managers.
- Oversee all production incidents for assigned software systems/products.
- Prioritize, assign, and track all incidents through closure in a timely manner per Ingram Micro’s SLA policy.
- Coordinate escalation and resolution with business and IT teams.
- Manage production support teams at multiple locations
- Manage third party vendor resources/contractors.
- Participate and lead bridge calls for all critical/high severity incidents.
- Communicate incidents’ status across multiple countries.
- Provide daily monitoring and status reports.
- Coordinate with Global IT operations and infrastructure team to test upgrades, patches, and maintenance of hardware/software for the assigned applications.
- Participate in SOX and other compliance audits.
- Act as application owner for multiple servers.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required.
- 12+ years of experience in IT applications development/production support or similar role.
- 6+ years of management experience supervising managers and individual contributors
- Hands on knowledge of C, Cobol, Oracle, SQL is highly desired
- Experience with various release management tools and processes
- Experience with SOX and other compliance/audit requirements related to IT/app dev
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability of work with all levels of management
- 5 years of incident tracking experience is needed
- Experience in troubleshooting software applications incidents/defects is required
- ITIL experience is desirable
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.