Online Category Growth Manager
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Job ID: 43446
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We at Ingram Micro are continuing to grow our vendor and channel partners' market share, with this in mind we continue to offer all our associates ongoing training and professional development that is unsurpassed in our competitors. Why not join our #unstoppable team as #learningneverstops at Ingram Micro! We have a global presence with a local feel and our Ingram family makes our culture inclusive and welcoming. WE want to fulfill your career goals and enable YOU to achieve more.
As we continue to grow in our eCommerce space, we would love to meet all Online Category Growth Managers that are seeking a new challenge. Ingram Micro will continue to be a leader in the industry. If you are looking for a global business that enables growth, development, and fun work culture – look no further we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
We are currently hiring an Online Category Growth Manager to manage the go-to-market aspect of our primary e-commerce store, Ingram Online. This store channel is business-to-business only with a strong focus on small to medium-based resellers. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor industry trends and developing insights around customer online purchasing needs
- Strategically manage our online categories with a focus on product and promotional activities to reach sales and user adoption objectives
- Become an expert on your category with the aim of driving business improvements, innovation, and scale within your category and across the online business
- Develop and execute Customer Growth Initiatives including direct via the platform and in conjunction with Ingram Micro Marketing communications team.
- Manage work-flow priorities for our offshore Product Information teams
- Support Digital platform strategy and improvements
- Develop trust-based relationships and negotiating with leading brands that result in:
- Great shopping experience for customers
- Partnerships to feature more products and compelling content
- Alignment on the Ingram Micro proposition and how resellers can succeed online
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, communicating with internal and external parties, while meeting deadlines
What you’ll bring
You will have proven Ecommerce sales and/or product marketing experience across a global industry leader preferably in the ICT/FMCG retail sector.
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant Professional Qualification
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience in Online Ecommerce Sales or Retail Category Management, Digital Marketing or Management Consulting
- 1-2+ years of external relationship management experience with a track record of being able to influence outcomes
- Experience in leading negotiations or influencing stakeholders (customers, suppliers, partners)
- Experience with Excel or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools such as Adobe Analytics – ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software & networking products.
- Knowledge of Australian small business purchasing behavior and business fundamentals
Would be very advantageous to have:
- Experience in a corporate environment
- High level of motivation with a results orientation
- Analytical acumen and a passion for solving problems (many of which are complex)
- Ability to make decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Hunger to deliver, matched with resilience when things don’t go our way the first time
- Willingness to roll up our sleeves to get things done
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to work independently with all levels of our vendor’s organization (from the Account Manager to the National Sales Director to the General Manager)
We are looking forward to your application!