Operations Supervisor ( Warehouse) (1st Shift)
This job posting is no longer active.
Chandler, AZ, United States
Job ID: 43476
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Position Summary: Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- Administers and operates the organization's warehouses, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Accounts for all materials and supplies; audits goods received into warehouse.
- Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space.
- Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment. What you bring to the role:
- Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments.
- Sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results.
- Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex. Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Manages a staff of professional and support associates.
- Makes day-to-day decisions for group/department.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Assignments are defined in terms of activities and objectives.
- Objectives for assigned area defined by upper management.
- Some latitude to make decisions to achieve defined goal.
- Will generally have assumed at least the Senior Professional level of experience before becoming a manager.
- Regularly applies expertise in day-to-day activities.
- May fill the role of a staff member in complex situations.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years warehouse operations experience including a minimum of 3 years of people management experience