Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 43456
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Supervisor/Team Lead – Monitoring Technology
Ingram Micro is seeking a Supervisor/Team Lead – Monitoring Technology to oversee a small team of Infrastructure Engineers who support and maintain the operation of our Global Monitoring Solutions. The ideal candidate will perform a combination of First-level people management as well as be responsible for the design, architecture, engineering, security and operations of our Monitoring Solutions.
Specific Duties / Tasks (include, but not limited to):
- Provide support on incoming incident and service request tickets, including but not limited to:
- configuration of monitoring tools
- automation scripting and
- integration with other applications
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks and routine health check of the monitoring tools, and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Engage different support teams, such as Network, Server, and Storage teams, in establishing monitoring connectivity and tool access.
- Participate and contribute in project planning, design, implementation, and documentation involving the monitoring tools and integration with other applications.
- Provide assistance to the Integrated Operations Center (IOC) who is the primary internal customer, for any alert and event management-related concerns.
- Recommend new techniques and improvements to established team processes and procedures.
- Manage a small team of Infrastructure Engineers responsible for KTLO (keeping the lights on) / run & support of Solarwinds and AppDynamics
- Drive the execution of Team Goals by providing the appropriate balance between support and space for team members to deliver
- Guide and advice the team in HR and administrative matters
- Ensure that the team complies to company policies
- Impart knowledge and lead by example
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or Engineering course.
- Minimum 2 years of IT leadership experience to at least 3 team members.
- At least 5 years experience in design, architecture, engineering, security and operations of SolarWinds or AppDynamics.
- SolarWinds or AppDynamics Certification a plus.
- Possess a good understanding of IT infrastructure concepts and how different components are monitored using different methods and protocols.
- Knowledge in basic administration of different server Operating Systems for Windows and Linux/Unix variants, as well as virtualization and storage concepts and technologies.
- Experience in scripting, particularly PowerShell, Bash or Python.
- Familiar with ITIL processes, primarily Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, and Change Management. ITILv3 foundation certification is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well within a virtual team environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and fluent busines English in both verbal and written form
- Willing to work in two rotating shifts between US and APAC timezone